|Famous For||Being the sister of the Bollywood singer, Neha Kakkar|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Bollywood Song: "Babuji Zaara Dheer Chalo” from the film ‘Dum'(2003)
Kannada Song: “Oora Kannu” from the film ‘Ranga SSLC’(2004)
Telugu Song: “Pavan Laa” from the film ‘Kokila'(2005)
Tamil Song: "Dhinam Dhinam Deepavali” from the film ‘Varalaru’(2006)
Marathi Song: “Mastani Jwanit Mazya” from the film ‘Nau Mahine Nau Diwas’(2009)
Malayalam Song: “Dil Lena” from the film ‘Kalimannu’(2013)
Punjabi Song: “Gustakh Akhan” from the film ‘Jag Jeondeyan De Mele’(2009)
Nepali Song: “Salaam Lijiye Kabool Kijiye” from the film ‘Kohinoor’(2014)
|Date of Birth||20 October 1979 (Saturday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||40 years Years|
|Birthplace||Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, India|
|Hometown||Rishikesh, Uttarakhand, India|
|College/University||Sonu has never attended college.|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year 2006
|Parents||Father- Rishikesh Kakkar
Mother- Niti Kakkar
|Siblings||Brother- Tony Kakkar (Singer, Music Composer)
Sister- Neha Kakkar (Singer)
|Clothing & Accessories Brand(s)||Michael Kors, Jimmy Choo|
|Singer(s)||Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Ghulam Ali Khan, Lata Mangeshkar|
|Car Collection||Audi Q3
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sonu Kakkar
- Sonu Kakkar was born into an economically weak family in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand.
- When Sonu was a child, her father used to sell samosas outside her school. She was often teased by her classmates for that reason.
- Sonu completed her class 8 from a school in Rishikesh and later, opted for an open board to complete her further education.
- She has never been to a college.
- Sonu developed a deep interest in music at a very young age.
- At the age of 5, she started singing bhajans in the jagratas.
- In 1990, she moved to Delhi with her family.
- She grew up in Delhi, and later, moved to Mumbai where she participated in Channel V’s singing reality show, Indian Pop Star.
- While she was performing in the competition, the music director, Sandeep Chowta, spotted her and promised her to give her an opportunity to sing in his next film.
- She started her singing career in 2003 with the song “Babuji Zaara Dheer Chalo” from the film ‘Dum.’
- Subsequently, she sang songs like Seduction Saavariya, Ishq Da Tadka, Kar Mundya, and Lawani.
- In 2014, Sonu earned recognition with her single “Urban Munda.”
- Sonu shared during an interview that she had never received any formal training in music.
- Sonu is the first person from her family to pursue music as her career.
- She has a deep faith in Lord Ganesha.
- She featured on the cover of the Score Magazine in April 2015.
- Here’s an interesting video about Sonu Kakkar’s biography:
References/Sources: [ + ]