|Real Name||Sophiya Choudry|
|Profession(s)||Singer, Actress, Model, Dancer, VJ|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 65 kg
in Pounds- 143 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-27-35|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||8 February 1982|
|Age (as in 2018)||36 Years|
|Birth Place||Manchester, United Kingdom|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Colleges||London School of Economics, London, U.K
London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art
Sciences Po/Paris Institute of Political Studies, Paris
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in European Politics and French|
|Debut||TV: MTV Loveline (2002)
Film: Shaadi No.1 (2005)
|Family||Father- Not Known (Deceased)
Mother- Not Known
Brother- 1 (Elder)
Sister- Not Known
|Favourite Food||Continental Food|
|Favourite Actors||Govinda, Ranveer Singh|
|Favourite Actresses||Sri Devi, Priyanka Chopra|
|Favourite Musician||Jennifer Lopez|
|Favourite Filmmaker||Karan Johar|
|Favourite Fashion Designer||Manish Malhotra|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sophie Choudry
- She was born and brought up in Manchester, England to a Hindu father & Muslim mother.
- Her father kept her name Sophia because he adored an Italian singer & actress Sophia Loren. Sadly, her father died when she was very young.
- She is a livewire; a performer, an actress, a singer and a Vj.
- She is a polyglot; she can speak and sing in 8 languages -English, Hindi, Urdu, French, Italian, Spanish, Punjabi, and Arabic.
- She is also the ambassador of ‘British Asian Trust’.
- She is a trained Bharatnatyam, Kathak & Salsa dancer.
- She learned Western classical music in the UK from Helena Shenel and Indian classical music from Pandit Ashkaran Sharma.
- When she was in the UK, she did VJing for the channel- Zee UK.
- She started her career as a pop singer with her all-girl band “Sansara” with the song- “Yeh Dil Sun Raha Hai” which she wrote herself but that band members got parted and she started her solo singing career by doing the music videos “Habibi” and “Le Le Mera Dil” in 2001.
- She shot to fame by hosting the popular show MTV Loveline (2002).
- In 2003, she released her first remix album Sophie & Dr. Love which was a chart-topper for six months in India and broke records in the U.K Asian Pop Charts by holding the number 1 spot for 12 weeks.
- A year later after listening to over 400 old songs, she came up with her perfect 12 songs which include Ek Pardesi Mera Dil Le Gaya, Jadugar Saiyan, Zuby Zuby, Dil Ke Armaan, Ghar Aaya Mera Pardesi, Bachke Rehna Re Baba.
- She has also performed for renowned brands like Audi, Hero group, ICICI Bank, Samsung, Blackberry, HSBC, Microsoft, Qualcomm, etc.
- In 2014, she participated in the dance reality show- ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’-season 7.
- In 2017, she lent her vocals to the title track of Befikre movie- ‘Ude dil Befikre’.