Marital Status: Divorced
Age: 44 Years
Husband: Shekhar Kapur
|Other Name(s)||Suchitra Krishnamoorthy, Suchitra Krishnamurthi, Suchitra Krishnamurthy|
|Profession(s)||Singer, Actor, Painter, Writer|
|Famous Role||Anna in the movie Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||36-27-37|
• 1991: Kilukkampetti, Malyalam Movie (Actor)
• 1994: Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa, Bollywood (Actor)
• 1987: Chunauti (Actor)
|Date of Birth||27 November 1975 (Thursday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||44 Years|
|Hometown||Bombay (Now Mumbai)|
|Hobbies||Writing, Painting, Travelling and Shopping|
|Controversies||• With her tweets, she had made controversies repeatedly. Some of these are against Muslims, denoting Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru as Muslim and writing negative comments on religion. India Today
• She also made a controversial remark on Preity Zinta, accusing her to be the reason for her divorce with Shekhar Kapur.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Shekhar Kapur, Director and Producer|
|Husband/Spouse||Shekhar Kapur (Director, Producer)
Kaveri Kapur (Singer)
|Parents||Father- V. Krishnamoorthi
Mother- Sulochana Krishnamoorthi
|Siblings||Sister- (Late) Sujata Kumar (Actress)
|Favourite Food||Lebanese, Indian Food|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Colour||Grey, Pink|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Suchitra Krishnamoorthi
- Does Suchitra Krishnamoorthi smoke?: Not Known
- Does Suchitra Krishnamoorthi drink alcohol?: Yes
- Suchitra Krishnamoorthi is a famous Bollywood actress, singer, painter, and writer.
- She was born in Mumbai (then Bombay), and she started her career in acting when she was in school.
- In 1987, she debuted in TV series ‘Chunauti,’ which was aired on Delhi Doorshan (the Indian National Channel).
- She was also a model for many TV commercials. In 1994, she made a debut in the Bollywood through ‘Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa’ opposite Shah Rukh Khan and Deepak Tijori.
- She is a trained singer in the Indian classical music style – Gwalior Gharana. She launched her pop albums Dole Dole, Dum Tara, Aha, and Zinda, as a singer.
- She is also a trained painter and poet from New York, London, and India.
- In 1999, she married the renowned director and producer Shekhar Kapur but, later, they got divorced in 2007.
- In 2009, her first novel ‘The Summer of Cool’ was launched.
- In 2012, she filed a case against HSBC Bank (The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation) for mismanaging her funds. She won the case.
- In 2013, she launched her most talked-about book ‘Drama Queen’, which was her semi-autobiography.
- Her sister, Sujata Kumar, died in 2018, as she was suffering from cancer for a very long time.
- Suchitra is doing theatres also, and her play ‘ek haan’, 2019, with actor Shekhar Suman was a hit show.