|Full Name||Shekhar Kapur|
|Profession||Director, Actor, Producer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet inches- 5’ 9”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg
in pounds- 154 lbs
|Eye Colour||Dark brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & pepper|
|Date of Birth||6 December 1945|
|Age (as in 2017)||71 Years|
|Birth Place||Lahore, Punjab, British India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|School||Modern School, New Delhi|
|College||St. Stephen's College|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in Economics|
|Debut||Film: Ishq Ishq Ishq (1974)
TV: Udaan (1989-91)
Director: Masoom (1983, Bollywood)
Elizabeth (1998, Hollywood)
Producer: Dil Se (1998)
|Family||Father- Kulbhushan Kapur (Doctor)
Mother- Sheel Kanta Kapur (Journalist, stage actress)
Sister- Neelu Kapur (Actress)
Sohaila Kapur (actress, director, author)
|Address||42, New Sheetal Apartments, Dr A B Nair Road, Juhu, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Writing, reading books, cycling, photography|
|Controversies||• Reportedly, he had a romantic link-up with Preity Zinta, while he was married to Suchitra Krishnamurthy. It became controversial when his wife started giving statements against Preity Zinta and also wrote a poem named 'Maneater' which was indirectly indicating towards Preity. This whole controversy later led the couple to get divorced.
• He was criticised by the British film critic about anti-British representation of the British Army and the Empire in the 2002 movie The Four Feathers.
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Shabana Azmi (Actress)
Preity Zinta (Actress, rumoured)
|Wife/Spouse||Medha Gujral (Div.1994)
Suchitra Krishnamoorthi (Singer, Actor, Writer; m.1999–2007)
|Marriage Date||First marriage : Not Known
Second Marriage: Year-1999
Daughter- Kaveri Kapur
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shekhar Kapur
- Does Shekhar Kapur smoke?: Not known
- Does Shekhar Kapur drink alcohol?: Not known
- Shekar Kapur is the nephew of veteran actor ‘Deva Anand‘.
- Before entering into the film industry, Shekhar Kapur worked as a Charted Accountant for many big firms in London.
- He always wanted to become a director, but when he told his father about his dream, his father disapproved his ambition.
- During his career as a Charted Accountant, he felt that he can’t do anything but become a director as his soul was into direction. So he left his corporate job and came back to India to join the Indian film industry.
- Since he always wanted to become a director, he tried his best to convince many producers but was failed to do so. Hence just to stay stable in the industry, he unwillingly did a small role in his uncle, Dev Anand’s, film, ‘Ishq Ishq Ishq’.
- After doing half a dozen movies as an actor, he then directed his first film ‘Massoom’ in 1983.
- He was in a relation with Shabana Azmi for about seven years. But things did not work out between the two and both parted ways. Even after they got separated, both worked together in the film ‘Masoom’.
- At a point, Shekhar Kapur became tired of filmmaking and went to the Philippines to become a scuba-diving instructor and after that went to London and joined a TV show ‘On The Other Hand’ as the host.
- Shekhar Kapur directed the most controversial film ‘Bandit Queen’ in 1994. The movie was critically acclaimed and brought him several offers from Bollywood as well as Hollywood. He then directed the Hollywood movie ‘Elizabeth’ in 1998 and ‘Elizabeth: The Golden Age’ in 2007, among which the first one got nominated for seven and the latter was nominated for two Oscars.
- He gave his voice for the Charkha Audiobooks title of ‘The Story of My Experiments with Truth’ for the role of Mohan Das as the narrator.
- Shekhar Kapur was the judge of the talent hunt show ‘India’s Got Talent’ in 2013 and a member of the jury at the May 2010 Cannes Film Festival.
- He received the ‘British Academy Film Awards’ (BAFTA Film Awards) for Best Film’ for the movie Elizabeth (1998) and was also awarded ‘Padam Shri’ the fourth highest award in India in 2000.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of IPL Winners (2008-2018)