Husband: Suhel Seth
Age: 37 Years
Height: 5' 11"
|Famous For||Being the wife of Suhel Seth|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’ 11” Supreme Management
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-24-34|
|Date of Birth||4 November 1981|
|Age (as in 2018)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|College/University||Bangalore University, Bengaluru|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Sociology|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Swimming, Running, Pilates, Reading Novels, Watching Movies|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Prabuddha Dasgupta (Photographer)
Bijoy Jain (Architect)
Suhel Seth (Columnist, Author, Actor)
|Marriage Date||25 December 2018
|Marriage Place||Gurugram, Haryana, India|
|Husband/Spouse||Suhel Seth (m. 2018-present)
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Former Indian Army Personnel)
Mother- Name Not Known (Teacher)
|Favourite Food(s)||Dark Chocolates, Indian and Japanese Cuisines|
|Favourite Beverage||Red Wine|
|Favourite Actor||Matthew McConaughey|
|Favourite Film||Bicycle Thieves|
|Favourite Film Director(s)||Vittorio de Sica, Francois Truffaut, Yasujiro Ozu|
|Favourite Singer||Tom Waits|
|Favourite Book||The Road by Cormac McCarthy|
|Favourite Book Shop||Literati book shop in Candolim, Goa|
|Favourite Jewellery Designer||Esther Brinkmann|
|Favourite Fashion Brand(s)||Dior, Alexander Wang, Haider Ackermann, Dries Van Noten, Isabel Marant, Celine, The Row|
|Favourite Fashion Designer(s)||Savio Jon, Rajesh Pratap, Anamika Khanna, Yohji Yamamoto, Derek Lam|
|Favourite Fashion Shop(s)||Kiliwatch, Yohji Yamamoto, Etienne Marcel, Yves Saint Laurent in Paris
Sacha's Shop in Goa
Opening Ceremony in New York City
|Favourite Restaurant(s)||Bomra's, La Plage in Goa
Motorino's Pizza in New York
Dave's restaurant in Paris
|Favourite Destination(s)||New York, Thailand|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lakshmi Menon
- Does Lakshmi Menon smoke?: Yes
- Does Lakshmi Menon drink alcohol?: Yes
- Throughout her childhood, she had to travel across India; as her father was in the Indian Army.
- When she was in college, a modelling scout approached her and offered her an ad assignment. Although she had never thought of becoming a model, she agreed upon it; just to earn some extra money.
- After completing her graduation from Bengaluru, she became a full-time model and worked in India for several years, but she didn’t get much success; as the ad campaigns were more dominated by the Bollywood actors.
- Her big break came in 2006 when a European agency reached her; as they were looking for an Indian face for French Designer Jean Paul Gaultier’s shows. Thereafter, she went to Paris, and after doing a series of shows, she made a mark in the Paris and New York fashion world.
- During her modelling days, she was often misunderstood as a South American or a Middle-Eastern model, but it worked in her favour; as she wasn’t type-cast as classic Indian-looking or a white girl.
- She was the first ever Indian model to feature in a Pirelli calendar. She was also the first Indian model to feature in a French Vogue.
- She has been part of popular ad campaigns like Hermès, Givenchy, Bergdorf Goodman, and Max Mara. She has also been the cover girl of popular magazines like American and Indian Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, and Elle.
- She is an avid animal lover and has a couple of pet dogs and cats.
- Coincidentally, three of her boyfriends (Prabuddha Dasgupta, Bijoy Jain, and Suhel Seth) were more than 15 years older than her.
- She considers the last Maharani of Jaipur, Gayatri Devi, as her icon.
- In 2017, Lakshmi started dating Suhel Seth, an 18-year-older to her and a divorcee. The couple got engaged in October 2018 and tied the knot the same year on the Christmas Eve.