Piyush Gurbhele (Dance Deewane 3 Winner) Age, Girlfriend, Family, Biography & More
|Name earned||Nagpur ka Toofan Facebook-Piyush Gurbhele|
|Famous For||Winning the dance reality show 'Dance Deewane 3'|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 162 cm
in meters- 1.62 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 120 lbs
|Debut||TV: Dance India Dance Season 6 (2nd Runner-Up)|
|Date of Birth||6 January 1999 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||22 Years|
|Tattoo(s)||Right Arm: Lord Buddha face
Note: He has two more tattoos on his body.
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Late. Kishore Gurbhele (Bank employee)
Mother- Lata Gurbhele (Homemaker)
|Siblings||Brother- Kinshuk Gurbhele
Sister-in-law- Ankita Gurbhele
|Dancer(s)||Dharmesh Yelande, Michael Jackson|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Piyush Gurbhele
- Piyush Gurbhele is an Indian dancer. He came into the limelight after winning the dance reality show Dance Deewane Season 3.
- Piyush Gurbhele hails from the city of Nagpur in Maharashtra. His passion for dance never let his financial conditions come in his way, and he practised by watching television and YouTube videos.
- Piyush Gurbhele’s first audition was for DID Little Champsat, which he could not make it to the Mumbai auditions. Later, he joined Poison rock star Dance Academy for improving his dancing skills. After realising about Piyush’s passion for dance and his weak financial condition the mentor at the dance academy, Amol Gotekar, decided to train him for free. Piyush considers his dancing coach Amol Gotekar as his biggest support and credits his success to him. He said,
I could not even pay my dance class fees, so my head used to teach me dance for free. He has been teaching me dance for the last 12 years. Many times he even gave me money to buy shoes and travel. He has been a big support to me.”
- In 2017, Piyush Gurbhele participated in the Indian dance reality show ‘Dance India Dance Season 6,’ judged by Mudassar Khan, Marzi Pestorji, and Mini Pradhan. The show had the legendary Bollywood actor and dancer Mithun Chakraborty as the master judge. Piyush became part of the Mini ke master blaster team and was trained under Mini Pradhan. During the show, he also gained the title of ‘Nagpur Ka Toofan,’ and emerged as the 2nd runner up of the show. Thereafter, Piyush participated in several dance shows including ‘Maharashtra favourite Dancer’.
- After competing in a number of dance competitions, Piyush decided to brush up his skills as a dance choreographer for which he joined the Dance Addiction Dance Academy. He then collaborated with his friend Sanket Gaonkar to organize a dance academy with the name Sankush classes. ‘Sankush’ is derived from the names of Sanket and Piyush, i.e., Sank from Sanket and ush from Piyush. The duo successfully organised classes across several cities in Karnataka including Kaiga and Karwar. They also held workshops with other dance academies in states like Maharashtra, Karnataka, and West Bengal.
- Piyush Gurbhele came into the limelight after appearing as a contestant in the dance reality show ‘Dance Deewane Season 3.’ The show was judged by Madhuri Dixit, Dharmesh Yelande, and Tushar Kalia and was hosted by Raghav Juyal, Bharti Singh, and Haarsh Limbachiyaa. Piyush claimed himself to be a super fan of Dharmesh Yelande during his introduction and recreated his iconic dance skit at the audition round for the show. Piyush impressed the judges with his performance and qualified for the show. Piyush was partnered with the choreographer Rupesh Soni for the show. Their partnership delivered a series of hit dance performances and managed to impress both the judges and the audience. On 10 October 2021, Piyush Gurbhele and Rupesh Soni were declared the winner of season 3 of Dance Deewane. The dynamic duo was rewarded with a golden trophy and a cash prize of Rs. 40 lakh. The other pair of finalists included Sohail Khan-Vishal Sonkar, Gunjan Sinha-Sagar Bora, Aman Kumar Raj-Yogesh Sharma, Somansh Dangwal-Akash Thapa, and Soochana Chorrge-Vaishnavi Patil.
- Talking about his experience after winning the show, Piyush Gurbhele said,
There were a lot of ups and downs in our journey, like everyone. There was a time when our performance flopped, even when our graph was going really well. After that happened, we were quite scared. But the journey was a lot of fun and I got to learn a lot from Rupesh bhai. After it became a ‘duo’ show we got to perform together. Just before the winner was announced, I was very quiet and nervous while the others were relaxed. They were even joking about how tense I was, but all that I could think about at that point was to win the show. When they announced my name as the winner, I couldn’t believe it; I was too stunned to react initially. But I cried and screamed in happiness. It was such a great feeling to hold that trophy. It was a really great journey.”
Rupesh Soni further added to this, and he said,
I felt that all our hard work paid off. When I agreed to do the show, I didn’t think about winning. All I thought about was performing to the best of my ability because thinking about winning takes away the focus from performing.”
- Piyush Gurbhele, in 2015, started his YouTube channel, Piyush Gurbhele. He generally posts his dance videos on his YouTube channel. In September 2021, Piyush Gurbhele received a silver play button as a token of appreciation for his work from YouTube.
- Piyush, in one of his interviews, revealed that his mother was not that of big support for him during his initial days. She wanted him to focus on his studies and get a good job. But as they started achieving success with his dancing skills, she also started motivating him. He said,
My father and brother always supported me when I showed an interest in dance. My mother was happy about my passion for dance, but she felt that I should study hard and get a good job. My mom was not totally against it, but she didn’t like it when I would go for my dance classes and spend all my time dancing. I couldn’t even pay for my dance classes, so my sir used to train me for free. He has been teaching me since the past 12 years and has even helped me many times by giving me money for shoes and travel. He has been my biggest support.”