|Profession||• Former actress
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 162 cm
in meters- 1.62 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||30-28-32|
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
Bollywood- Parineeta (2005)
Hollywood- After the Wedding (2006)
TV: Baa Bahoo Aur Baby (2005-2010) on StarPlus; as Chaitali Thakkar
|Awards||• 2006: Best child actress for the TV series Baa Bahoo Aur Baby (2005) at Indian Telly Awards.
• 2007: Best child actor for the TV series Baa Bahoo Aur Baby (2005) at Indian Television Academy Awards.
• 2019: Top 22 selected participant at CDRC, Vienna.
• 2020: Best impromptu speaker at ICC-ADC Asia Pacific Commercial Mediation Competition.
|Date of Birth||12 July 1998 (Sunday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||24 Years|
|School||Ryan International School|
|College/University||• 2014-2016: Narsee Monjee College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai
• 2016-2021: National Academy of Legal Studies & Research (NALSAR) University, Hyderabad
Note: In 2019, she enrolled herself in a semester exchange program of law at the Samford University in Homewood, Alabama. In 2020, she studied Intellectual property law at the summer school of the World Intellectual Property Organization. LinkedIn - Swini Khara
|Educational Qualification||• 2014-2016: B.Com
• 2016-2021: BA LLB LinkedIn - Swini Khara
|Hobbies||Dancing, Reading novels, Painting, Travelling|
|Relationships & More|
|Fiancé||Urvish Desai (Mechanical engineer)
|Engagement Date||1 March 2023|
|Parents||Father- Nimesh Khara
Mother- Shilpa Khara
|Siblings||She is an only child of her parents.|
|Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Hrithik Roshan|
|Actress||Rani Mukerji, Sushmita Sen|
- Swini Khara is an Indian lawyer and former actress who began her acting career as a child actress in 2005. She has worked in several Bollywood films including Siyaasat The Politics (2006), Cheeni Kum (2007), Hari Puttar (2008), and in Indian TV series including Dill Mill Gayye (2009), CID (2011), and Zindagi Khatti Meethi (2015).
- As a child artist, Swini appeared in various advertisements for popular brands including ICICI, Cadbury Dairy Milk, and Lakme.
- Swini also took training in Kathak.
- She considers herself an adventurous person who enjoys swimming.
- When Swini was young, she used to take all her study materials to shoot and studied whenever she got time. In an interview, while talking about how she managed her time, Swini said,
I love to study. Studies always come first and I know how to balance both academics and acting. I finished my homework between the shots. I always come first in my class which proves that my studies do not suffer because of my acting career.”
- In 2008, she participated in the dance reality TV show Zara Nachke Dikha- Season 1.
- The role of Sexy in the film Cheeni Kum earned Swini immense popularity and a nomination for the Stardust Awards 2008 for Breakthrough Performance – Female.
- She garnered appreciation for appearing as Swini Srivastav in the Bollywood film Paathshaala (2010), starring Shahid Kapoor and Nana Patekar.
- In 2010, she played the role of Shona in a horror film titled Kaalo – The Desert Witch.
- She lent her voice to the character of Yuvraj the leopard cub in the 2012 animated film Delhi Safari.
- The last film in which she appeared was the Bollywood film M. S. Dhoni: The Untold Story (2016); as young Jayanti.
- Swini discontinued her acting career to become a lawyer. Later, in an Instagram post, Swini revealed that she bagged an AIR 120 in the Common Law Admission Test 2016. Instagram – Swini Kara
I left acting because you know how important class ten is in India, you have to pay a lot of attention to your studies. I was a very studious child, and good at studies. Acting requires dedication, and I wanted to study further. Being a full-time actor and managing studies as a child was easy, but as you move ahead, it becomes different.”
- Swini has interned at several law firms including Solicis Lex, Kanga & Company, Luthra & Luthra Law Offices, Chambers of Shyam Divan, AZB & Partners, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas, and Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Company. In 2019, she worked as a research assistant under From June 2020 to February 2021, she was appointed as the head of operations at
- In an interview, Swini said that she might resume acting if she came across any script that she considered interesting.
Now I am working in a law firm. I have moved on slightly from acting. But if I do come across interesting scripts, I will try if I can go ahead with it.”
- In an interview, while talking about her engagement to Urvish Desai, Swini said,
I met Urvish (Desai) a few months ago, my parents had been searching. When I met him, everything was great, we clicked as we are very similar in nature. We decided to take the leap only after we got to know each other well. He is a gem of a person and been absolutely amazing. We want a winter wedding, but the dates aren’t finalised yet.”