|Real Name||Neeru Bheda
|Nickname(s)||Drama Queen, Controversy Queen|
|Profession(s)||Actress, Politician, Dancer
|Political Party||Republican Party of India (Athawale)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet inches- 5’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||36-28-36|
|Debut||Bollywood Film: Agnichakra (1997)
Telugu Film: 6 Teens (2001)
Tamil Film: Gambeeram (2004)
Marathi: Saatchya Aat Gharat (2004)
TV: Bigg Boss 1 (2006)
Album: Supergirl (2007)
|Date of Birth||25 November 1978|
|Age (as in 2018)||40 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Goklibai High School, Mumbai Encyclopedia of Bollywood–Film Actresses By Renu Saran|
|College/University||Mithibai College, Mumbai Encyclopedia of Bollywood–Film Actresses By Renu Saran|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Religion||She was born into a Hindu family, but she follows Christianity Bangalore Mirror|
|Political Inclination||BJP Indian Express|
|Address||B2/501, Serenity Complex, New Link Road, Oshiwara, Andheri (West), Mumbai 400058 My Neta
|Tattoo||Right Tricep- Shape of a heart
|Controversies||• In 2005, she had a lip-lock with her co-star Kainaaz Pervez at the premiere of the film 'Khamoshh...Khauff Ki Raat.'
• In 2006, Mika Singh forcefully kissed her at his 35th birthday party, after which, she filed a molestation case against him.
• In 2008, she slapped her then boyfriend Abhishek Awasthi in public. It all happened on Valentines Day, when Abhishek wanted to reconcile after calling her by dirty names.
• In November 2010, an F.I.R. was filed against her and 4 others in connection with the death of a dalit youth named Laksham Prasad of Jhansi in Uttar Pradesh; as he was embarresed and called an "impotent" at her reality show 'Rakhi Ka Insaaf' in October 2010.
• On 9 July 2016, a Ludhiana-based advocate Narinder Adiya had filed a complaint against her for hurting the sentiments of the Valmiki
Community by calling Valmiki a murderer. Huffington Post
• In 2016, she was invited by some Indians in Illinois, USA. She ignited a controversy after she arrived at the event; wearing a dress with the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi's image imprinted on it, and that too in an objectionable way.
• In 2018, during the #MeToo Movement, when Tanushree Dutta accused Nana Patekar of sexual harresment, Rakhi called for a press meet where she not only paised Patekar, but also slammed Tanushree by calling her a drug addict, a liar, and called it a mere publicity stunt. She also accused Tanushree of raping her not once, but multiple times. For her allegation, Tanushree sued her for ₹10 crore to which Rakhi threatened her with a countersuit of ₹50 crore.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Abhishek Avasthi (Dancer)
• Elesh Parujanwala (Ex-fiance)
• Deepak Kalal
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known
Step-father- Anand Sawant (Police Constable)
Mother- Jaya Bheda
|Siblings||Brother- Rakesh Sawant (Film Director)
Sister- Usha Sawant (Actress)
|Favourite Food(s)||Grilled Chicken, Salad|
|Favourite Beverage(s)||Riviera Wine, Tea, Coconut Water|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Shah Rukh Khan, Ranveer Singh|
|Favourite Actresses||Priyanka Chopra, Sonakshi Sinha, Deepika Padukone|
|Favourite Song||"Main Tenu Samjhawan Ki"|
|Favourite Restaurant||Delicacy of China in Mumbai|
|Car Collection||Ford Endeavour|
|Assets/Properties||Movable- ₹3.57 crore
Immovable - ₹11.12 crore India Today
|Salary (approx.)||₹10-12 lakhs (as in 2012)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹14 crore (as in 2014) India Today|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rakhi Sawant
- Does Rakhi Sawant smoke?: No
- Does Rakhi Sawant drink alcohol?: Yes
- Rakhi was born into a conservative Marathi family. His father is a Marathi, while his mother is a Gujarati.
- According to her, she was a victim of child abuse and she had to face different gender-based taboos like standing out in balconies, going to beauty parlours, doing dance at public gatherings, etc.
- At the age of 10, she worked as a caterer at Tina Ambani‘s wedding.
- When she was 11 years old, her mother beat her and even cut her long hair; just because she attended a Dandia event and danced over there.
- As her family never allowed her to enter the entertainment world, she became rebellious and started approaching many producers; showcasing her dance and talent. After facing a chain of rejections, she chose the path of cosmetic surgery to enhance her looks and appearance.
- In her debut film ‘Agnichakra’ (1997), she used the screen name “Ruhi Sawant.”
- She did her first item number song “Bam Bhole Bam Bhole” for the film ‘Yeh Raaste Hain Pyaar Ke’ (2001).
- After making small appearances in numerous Hindi, Marathi, Kannada, Telugu, and Tamil films, her breakthrough came up with the item song “Mohabbat Hai Mirchi” from the film ‘Chura Liyaa Hai Tumne’ (2003), starring Zayed Khan and Esha Deol.
- In 2007, Rakhi and her Ex-boyfriend Abhishek Avasthi were the runner-ups of the dance reality show ‘Nach Baliye 3.’
- The same year, she tried her hand in singing with her debut album “Super Girl” in 2007.
- In 2008, she won the 9X channel’s dance reality show called “Yeh Hai Jalwa.”
- After participating in the reality show called ‘Rakhi Ka Swayamvar’ (2009), she got engaged to the winner “Elesh Parujanwala”, but she broke the engagement citing that she only got engaged to him just for money and to buy a flat for her.
- She made a political party called ‘Rashtriya Aam Party’ (RAP) with the symbol of green chilli and contested in the Lok Sabha elections of 2014 from a seat in Mumbai, however, she managed to get only 15 votes. In the same year, she joined Maharashtrian leader Ramdas Athawale’s Republican Party of India (A).
- In December 2016, she had a horrific accident that made her go bald. During a show in Colombo, Sri Lanka, an excess of artificial fog on the stage tripped and hurt her head, due to which, she had to shave her hair to undergo an operation.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)
References/Sources: [ + ]