Age: 49 Years
Education: MA In English Literature
Husband: Varun Badola
|Birth name||Raj Kaur Sachdev|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Singer, Theatre Artist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Debut||Film (Marathi; As an actor): Aayatya Gharat Gharoba (1991) as Kaanan
Film (Hindi; As an actor): Suraj Ka Satvan Ghoda (1993) as Jamuna
Film (English; As an actor): Little Buddha (1993) as Yasodhara
Film (Urdu; As an actor): Sardari Begum (1996) as Sakina
Film (Punjabi; As an actor): Mitter Pyare Nu Haal Mureedan Da Kehna (2004) as Preet
TV (Hindi; As an actor): Margarita (1997) as Margarita
Music Video (As a singer): Hulle Hullare (1999)
|Awards & Honours||• 1997: Won Best Supporting Actress by National Film Awards for the Urdu film Sardari Begum
• 1998: Won Best Actress by Screen Awards for the Hindi TV show Margarita
• 2011: Won Best Actress by Maharashtra State Film Awards for the Marathi film Aayatya Gharat Gharoba
• 2017: Won Best Actress in a Supporting Role by Indian Television Academy Award for the Hindi TV serial Peshwa Bajirao
• 2018: Won Best Supporting Actress by Lions Gold Awards for the Hindi film Peshwa Bajirao
• 2019: Nominated for Best Actress by Maharashtra State Film Awards for the Marathi film Aayatya Gharat Gharoba
• 2019: Won Best Actress in a Supporting Role by Indian Television Academy Award for the Hindi TV serial Dil Hi Toh Hai
• 2020: 7th World Women Leadership Congress and Awards by CMO Global
• 2021: Award of Recognition for the Hindi short film Taxi- An Uncertain Conversation by Best Shorts Competition
• 2021: Certificate of Achievement for the Hindi short film Taxi- An Uncertain Conversation by Indo-French International Film Festival
• 2021: Stree Shakti Sammaan by the Honourable Governor of Maharastra Bhagat Singh Koshiyari
• 2022: Herald Global Award
|Date of Birth||Source 1: 14 April 1974 (Sunday)
Source 2: 2 March 1974 (Saturday) Twitter - Rajeshwari Sachdev
|Age (as of 2023)||49 Years|
|Zodiac sign||Source 1: Aries
Source 2: Pisces
|School||Little Angels High School, Mumbai|
|College/University||• Guru Nanak Khalsa College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Mumbai
• University of Mumbai, Mumbai
|Educational Qualification||MA in English Literature at the University of Mumbai, Mumbai Facebook – Rajeshwari Sachdev YouTube – Sansad TV|
|Religion||Punjabi Sikh (from father's side) and a Tamilian Hindu (from mother's side) YouTube - Sansad TV|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Varun Badola (actor)|
|Engagement Date||19 April 2004|
|Marriage Date||24 November 2004
|Children||Son- Devagya Badola (born on 10 May 2010; image in husband's section)
|Parents||Father- Inderjeet Singh Sachdev (associated with the theatre group Indian People’s Theatre Association, Mumbai)
Mother- Meenakshi Sachdev
|Siblings||Brother- Jagmohan Sachdev (works at a customer’s transformational solutions company named Prime Focus Technologies in Mumbai)
|Other Relative(s)||Father-in-law- Vishwa Mohan Badola (actor and journalist)
Sister-in-law- Alka Badola (actor)
|Song(s)||Hoon Abhi Main Jawan from the film Aar Paar (1954) by Geeta Dutt, Madhaniyan by Musarrat Nazir|
|Film(s)||Guide (1965), Padosan (1968), Pyar Kiye Jaa (1986)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rajeshwari Sachdev
- Rajeshwari Sachdev is an Indian actor and singer. She has received the National Film Award for best supporting actress in the Hindi film ‘Sardari Begum.’
- Her father was associated with the theatre group Indian People’s Theatre Association (IPTA) in Mumbai. As a kid, Rajeshwari used to accompany her father to IPTA and from there she started developing an interest in acting after watching the performance of various theatre artists. Later, she was chosen to participate with the IPTA’s Balmanch Theatre Group. She then participated in a number of theatre productions as a theatre artist.
- She began her Bharatanatyam training at the age of 5 in Mumbai at the Sri Rajarajeswari Bharata Natya Kala Mandir. She did her training for about 14 years.
- She used to take part in a variety of athletic and dancing competitions while she was in school. The first prize she ever received was for best school athlete.
- Rajeshwari is known for performing in the Hindi theatre plays Shabd Leela and Gauhar.
- She has appeared in various Hindi films like ‘Mammo’ (1994), ‘English Babu Desi Mem’ (1996), ‘Hari-Bhari’ (2000), ‘Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose: The Forgotten Hero’ (2005), ‘Welcome to Sajjanpur’ (2008), and ‘Issaq’ (2013).
- She has also acted in a few Hindi TV serials such as ‘Om Namah Shivay’ (1997; aired on DD National), ‘Laut Aao Trisha’ (2014; Life OK), ‘Balika Vadhu’ (2015; aired on Colors), ‘Peshwa Bajirao’ (2017; Sony), and ‘Shaadi Mubarak’ (2020; Star Plus).
- Rajeshwari, along with the Indian actor Annu Kapoor, hosted the popular Zee TV musical show ‘Antakshari’ from 1994 to 2001.
- She is also a singer, and in 2000, she released the Punjabi music album ‘Mukhda Piya Ka.’
- In 2001, she met the Indian actor Varun Badola on the sets of the Indian musical game show ‘Antakshari.’ In 2004, they did a film together. They became friends on the sets of the film and soon, fell in love with each other. Within a few months of dating, the couple got married.
- In 2004, she released the music album ‘Ummang,’ in which folk songs from different states of India were included. Later, she performed live at various stage shows and other events.
- She also acted in the 2005 Hindi television film ‘Phir Se.’
- In 2005, Rajeshwari, along with her husband Varun Badola, participated in the celebrity couple dance reality TV show ‘Nach Baliye.’
- She hosted the Sony TV contest ‘K for Kishore’ in 2007.
- She acted in the 2009 English film ‘7 Days in Slow Motion.’
- Rajeshwari has also appeared in Marathi films such as ‘Runh: The Debt’ (2015), ‘Welcome Zindagi’ (2015), ‘Firebrand’ (2018), and ‘Nazar Andaz’ (2022).
- She was invited as a guest speaker at the talk show TEDx MICA in 2017.
- Some of her Hindi short films as an actor are ‘Taxi… an Uncertain Conversation’ (2021) and ‘Stories on the Next Page’ (2022).
- She is a dog lover and has two pet dogs named Sargeant and Sadhu.
- Rajeshwari and the Indian actress Neha Dhupia were once featured on the cover of Femina magazine.