|Full Name||Tarkishore Prasad Bhagat My Neta|
|Profession||Politician, farmer & businessman|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• In 2005, he was elected as the MLA of the Katihar Constituency of Bihar and has never lost a poll from the seat ever since.
• In 2020, he was appointed as a deputy CM of Bihar.
• In 2020, he was chosen as the minister of finance, commercial tax, environment, forest and disaster management, urban development, and information technology departments of Bihar.
|Date of Birth||Year: 1956|
|Age (as of 2020)||64 Years|
|Birthplace||Talkhua village, Saharsa, Bihar|
|Hometown||Talkhua village, Saharsa, Bihar|
|School||• High School Katihar (1970)
• L.N.M. University, Darbhanga (1974)
|Educational Qualification||12th pass My Neta|
|Religion||Hinduism India TV|
|Caste||Kalwar India TV|
|Food Habit||Vegetarian/Non-Vegetarian citation|
|Address||Mohalla-Mirchaibari, P.O.-Katihar, Dist.Katihar-854105, Bihar|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name not Known (homemaker)|
|Parents||Father- Ganga Prasad
Mother- Name not Known
|Car Collection||• Mahindra Bolero
• Mahindra Scorpio
• Toyota Innova
• Tata Indica
|Salary (approx.)||INR 40,000 per month (as a minister) The Times of India|
|Assets/Properties My Neta||Movable
Bank Deposits: 2 lakhs
Vehicles: Four cars worth INR 21 lakhs
Jewellery: 450gm gold worth INR
Agricultural Land: Worth INR 25 lakhs
Non-Agricultural Land: Worth INR 30 lakhs
Residential Land: An inherited house worth INR 85 lakhs
|Net Worth (approx.)||INR 1.89 crore My Neta|
Some Lesser-Known Facts About Tarkishore Prasad
- Tarkishore Prasad is a deputy CMs of Bihar from Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and a four-time MLA from Katihar constituency. He is also the leader of BJP’s legislature party in Bihar.
- Prasad was born into a business family; his father used to run a clothing shop in Saharsa, Bihar. Prasad was never really interested in his father’s business, instead of that politics was the field which appealed to him the most. After completing 12th class in 1974, Tarkishore Prasad became active in student politics. He started off his political journey as a member of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), a student wing of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, and has since then continued to be a loyal member of the RSS.
- Prasad rose through the ranks of RSS to become a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). In 2005, he successfully contested his first assembly election from the Katihar constituency on BJP’s ticket. He defeated RJD’s Ram Prakash Mahato; however, the electoral margin of his victory was just 165 votes.
- Tarkishore remained a low profile BJP politician and was not a popular face among people until he was appointed as a deputy CM of Bihar in November 2020.
- Prior to the 2020 Bihar Legislative Assembly election, an FIR was filed against him for the offence of “undue influence or personation at the election.” My Neta
- Tarkishore has mentioned agriculture and business as his profession in his declaration to the Election Commission of India. My Neta
References/Sources: [ + ]