|Political Party||Bharath Dharma Jana Sena|
|Political Journey||• He became the President of the Bharath Dharma Jana Sena (BDJS) Party after the launch of the party in 2015
• Later, the UDF government appointed him as a member of the Guruvayur Devaswom Board, which he was appointed by the UDF Government
• In November 2016, he became the State Convener of the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) in Kerala
• He contested the 2019 Lok Sabha election from Kerala's Wayanad seat against Rahul Gandhi
|Date of Birth||Year 1970|
|Age (as in 2018)||49 Years Deccan Herald|
|Birthplace||Alappuzha District, Kerala|
|Hometown||Alappuzha District, Kerala|
|Educational Qualification||Master of Business Administration (MBA) Deccan Herald|
|Caste||Ezhava Community (OBC)|
|Controversies||• On 18 May 2018, a case was registered against him and 6 others of the SNDP for siphoning off ₹1.5 crores under a microfinance scheme.
• In March 2018, the High Court had allowed the Anti-Corruption and Vigilance Bureau to investigate him and his father in regards to financial irregularities amounting to ₹5,000 crores.
• In December 2018, he strongly opposed the Sabarimala verdict of the Supreme Court, said it as disappointing and protested against it on social media.
• On 22 August 2019, Thushar got arrested in Ajman, UAE. He was arrested for 19 Crores INR cheque bounce case. His former business partner, Nasil Abdullah, had loaned him 10 million Dirhams 10 years ago, which Thushar repaid with a un-dated cheque, but the cheque was dishonoured. After he was arrested, M A Yusuff Ali (an NRI businessman), bailed him out on 23 August 2019. Thushar was called to the UAE for an out of court settlement, but while he was meeting Nasil in a hotel, the police arrested him.
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Vellapally Natesan (Businessman)
Mother- Preethi Natesan (Director of the SNDP)
Sister- Vandana Sreekumar (Engineer)
|Car Collection||• Ford Endeavour (2016 Model)
• Volkswagen Polo (2013 Model)
• Tata Iris (2014 Model)
• Mahindra Scorpio (2019 Model)
|Bike Collection||• Honda Activa (2012 Model)
• Honda Dio (2012 Model)
• Hero Passion Pro (2013 Model)
|Assets/Properties (as in 2019)||Cash: 1.12 Lacs INR
Bank Deposits: 1.56 Crores INR
Jewellery: 267 gms Gold worth 8.75 Lacs INR
Agricultural Land: worth 9.32 Lacs INR
Non-Agricultural Land: worth 4.74 Crores INR
Commercial Building: worth 19.78 Crores INR
Residential Building: worth 3.96 Crores INR
|Net Worth (approx.)||33.64 Crores INR (as in 2019)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Thushar Vellappally
- Thushar Vellappally is the President of the Bharath Dharma Jana Sena (BDJS) Party. He is the son of the highly influential leader Vellappally Natesan, the General Secretary of Sree Narayana Dharma Paripalana (SNDP) Yogam; an organization working for the betterment of the Ezhava Community in Kerala.
- Thushar was a businessman before being involved in politics, and he had no interest in joining politics too.
- When Vellappally Natesan started the Bharath Dharma Jana Sena (BDJS) Party in 2015, Thushar got interested in politics and his career in politics kick-started. He was quickly appointed as the President of the BDJS.
- After the BDJS was formed, it allied with the NDA.
- The BDJS banks on the votes of the Hindu and the Ezhava Community. Vellappally has always claimed that the BDJS is a secular party and not just a Hindu Right-Wing party.
- The BDJS aims of being the biggest Hindu organization of Kerala. Thushar reached out to several Hindu outfits and minority communities of Kerala to bring them under one platform to fight for their rights as a United Front, but he failed to do so.
- In the 2016 assembly elections, the BJDS contested its first elections in Kerala. They contested from 37 of the 140 Assembly Seats. Even though they got a total vote share of 4 %, it made a significant impact as a first-time party.
- For the 2019 general elections, he was announced to be running against Rahul Gandhi from the Wayanad seat. Amit Shah made this announcement just a few days after Rahul Gandhi announced that he’ll be running from the Wayanad seat in Kerala, as well as the Amethi seat of Uttar Pradesh.
I proudly announce Shri Thushar Vellappally, President of Bharat Dharma Jana Sena as NDA candidate from Wayanad.
A vibrant and dynamic youth leader, he represents our commitment towards development and social justice. With him, NDA will emerge as Kerala's political alternative.
— Amit Shah (@AmitShah) April 1, 2019