|Real Name||Vaibhavi Merchant|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 4”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 69 kg
in Pounds- 152 lbs
|Date of Birth||17 December 1975|
|Age (as in 2016)||41 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Debut||Film (Malayalam): Snehapoorvam Anna (2000)
Choreography: Song- Dhol Baje (Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, 1999)
|Family||Father- Ramesh Merchant
Mother- Hridaya Merchant
Sister- Shruti Merchant (Choreographer)
|Favourite Actresses||Rani Mukherjee, Katrina Kaif|
|Favourite Colours||White, Black, Royal Blue|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Sanjay Leela Bhansali (Filmmaker)|
|Ex-Fiance||Sanjay Leela Bhansali (Filmmaker)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vaibhavi Merchant
- Does Vaibhavi Merchant smoke?: Not Known
- Does Vaibhavi Merchant drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She is the granddaughter of renowned choreographer B. Hiralal Merchant.
- She began taking her formal dance training at the age of five under the tutelage of Late Sushree Madhurita Sarang.
- She learned another dance form Bharatnatyam from “Shri Rohinton Cama” and Western Classical from “Martha Da Cunha.”
- Her maternal great-grandfather Shri Pandit Sunderprasad is the co-founder of the “Jaipur Gharana” (one of the greatest homes for Kathak).
- She began her career in Bollywood by assisting her uncle Chinni Prakash (choreographer).
- She has judged many dance reality shows like ‘Nach Baliye 3’, ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ (season 3), ‘Zara Nach Ke Dikha’ 2, and ‘Just Dance’.
- She also choreographed “The Merchants of Bollywood”- an Australian musical written and directed by Toby Gough.