|Real Name||Katrina Turquotte|
|Nickname||Kat, Katy, Katz and Sambo|
|Profession||Actress and Model|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 174 cm
in meters- 1.74 m
in Feet Inches- 5' 8½”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 56 kg
in Pounds- 123 lbs
|Date of Birth||16 July 1983|
|Age (as in 2018)||35 Years|
|Birth Place||Hong Kong|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||London, United Kingdom|
|School||Home schooling (Taught at home by her mother, tutors and also did correspondence courses)|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Debut||Film Debut: Boom (2003)
|Family||Father- Mohammed Kaif
Mother- Suzanne Turquotte
Brother- Michael Kaif (Elder)
Sisters- Stephanie, Christine and Natasha (Elder sisters)
Melissa, Sonia and Isabel (Younger sisters)
|Address||B-09 & G-10
Next to V.I.P. Plaza
New Link Road
Mumbai, Maharashtra 400053
|Hobbies||Travelling, playing chess, painting and reading|
|Likes & Dislikes||Likes: Partying
Dislikes: Insects, Darkness
|Controversies||• Her personal photos with Ex-boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor were leaked on internet during their trip to Ibiza.
• During the shooting of the film Namastey London, Katrina went to Ajmer Sharif dargah in short skirt that hurt people's religious sentiments.
|Favourite Food||Yorkshire pudding, cheesecake, kheer, cinnamon rolls, steamed fish, lamb chops with salad & baby potatoes, grilled vegetables|
|Favourite Actors||Hrithik Roshan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp and Robert Pattinson|
|Favourite Actresses||Penelope Cruz, Madhuri Dixit and Kajol|
|Favourite Films||Bollywood Films: Umrao Jaan, Dil Dhadakne Do, Tanu Weds Manu Returns
Hollywood Films: Casablanca, Gone with the Wind
|Favourite Cricketer||Rahul Dravid|
|Favourite Books||All books by Sidney Sheldon
|Favourite Colours||Pink, White, Mauve
|Favourite Sport||Cricket, Chess
|Favourite Song||Moon by Poolside|
|Favourite Musicians||Radiohead, Muse, Coldplay
|Favourite Perfume||Narciso Rodriguez For Her|
|Favourite Restaurants||Mainland China, and Wasabi by Morimoto at The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel in Mumbai, Hakkasan, Harrods Georgian Restaurant, Alloro, Aqua Kyoto in London|
|Favourite Destinations||London, Italy, Spain, Dubai and Havana
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Salman Khan (Actor)
Ranbir Kapoor (Actor)
|Cars Collection||Audi Q7, Audi Q3|
|Salary (approx.)||6-7 Crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$6 million
Some Lesser Known Facts About Katrina Kaif
- Does Katrina Kaif smoke?: No
- Does Katrina Kaif drink alcohol?: Yes
- Katrina was born to a Kashmiri father and British mother, which makes her half Indian and half British.
- Since her childhood, she did a lot of travelling through different continents as after her birth in Hong Kong her family moved to China, Japan, France, Switzerland, Poland, Belgium, and other European countries. Afterwards, her family moved to Hawaii and eventually to her mother’s home country England when she was 14, where she lived for 3 years before shifting to India.
- She never went to any school because of frequent relocation.
- When she was 14 years old, she won a beauty contest in Hawaii, after which she received modelling assignments and subsequently she modelled professionally in London.
- She came to Mumbai for a modelling assignment when she was a teenager.
- She was supposed to make her Bollywood debut with the film Saaya, opposite John Abraham, but later she was dropped because she couldn’t speak Hindi at that time. Same year, she made her Bollywood debut with erotic film Boom.
- Ayesha Shroff, wife of Jackie Shroff and the producer of her debut film Boom changed her second name from Turquotte to Kaif, as she thought that it was not catchy and is difficult to pronounce.
- She struggled in Bollywood at the beginning but got breakthrough with the film Namastey London opposite Akshay Kumar in 2007.
- The silver dress that she wore in the film Welcome (2007) was worth 2 lakh (INR) ($4,814), which was gifted to her by an Italian fashion designer Emilio Pucci.
- She was the most Googled Indian celebrity in 2008, 2009 & 2010.
Her Ex-boyfriend Ranbir Kapoor gave her the nickname Sambo (Rambo’s sister Sambo) after she successfully did a scene in the film Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani (2009) were she had to climb a ladder placed at a height of 200 feet.
- In 2010, she teamed up with A.R. Rahman and released a music album called Rhymeskool, to raise funds built a school in Madurai.
- She is superstitious and often visits religious places like Siddhivinayak Temple and Mount Mary Church in Mumbai, and Dargah Sharif in Ajmer before her film’s release.
- She still is a British citizen and works in India on Employment visa.
- There was a time when she piled on weight of around 68 kg after a shoulder injury.
- She is actively involved with her mother’s charitable trust the Relief Projects India, that helps abandoned baby girls and works against female infanticide.
- If not actress, she would be the Secretary of State or the Lord Protector of England.
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)
- Irfan Pathan is her favourite cricketer.