|Real Name||Ajay Singh Deol|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Director, Producer|
|Famous Dialogue||“Ye dhai kilo ka haath jab kisi par padta hai naa, to aadmi uthta nahi uuth jaata hai”|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 174 cm
in meters- 1.74 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg
in pounds- 176 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 44 inches
- Waist: 34 inches
- Biceps: 16 inches
|Date of Birth||19 October 1956|
|Age (as in 2017)||61 Years|
|Birthplace||Sahnewal, Punjab, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Sahnewal, Ludhiana, Punjab, India|
|School||Sacred Heart Boys High School, Maharashtra|
|College/University||Ramniranjan Anandilal Podar College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai|
|Debut||Film (Actor): Betaab (1983)
Film (Producer And Director): Dillagi (1999)
|Address||Plot No. 22, 10th Road, Juhu Scheme, Mumbai, India|
|Hobbies||Photography, Working Out At Gym, Trekking|
|Likes/Dislikes||Likes: Travelling, Driving
Dislikes: Traffic on roads, Lies
|Awards, Honours||Filmfare Awards
1991: Best Actor Award for Ghayal
1994: Best Supporting Actor Award for Damini
National Film Awards
1991: Special Jury Award for Ghayal
1994: Best Supporting Actor for Damini
2002: Best Actor Award for Gadar: Ek Prem Katha by the Sansui Viewers' Choice Movie Awards, Zee Cine Special Award for Outstanding Performance - Male for Gadar: Ek Prem Katha, Best Actor for Gadar: Ek Prem Katha
2012: Lions favourite charming actor: Sunny Deol
|Controversy||He had differences with Yash Raj Films and Shah Rukh Khan after the huge success of their film "Darr;" as Sunny believed his role was trimmed and Shah Rukh took all the limelight. Sunny never worked with YRF and Shah Rukh again.|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Amrita Singh (Actress, Rumour)
|Children||Sons- Karan and Rajvir
|Parents||Father- Dharmendra (Actor)
Mother- Prakash Kaur (Real mother), Hema Malini (Step-mother, actress)
|Siblings||Brother- Bobby Deol (Actor, Younger)
Sisters- Vijayta (settled in California, USA), Ajeeta
(settled in California, USA), Esha Deol (half-sister), Ahana Deol (half-sister)
Cousin- Abhay Deol
|Favourite Food(s)||Thai Food, Methi Ka Parantha, Lauki Ki Sabzi|
|Favourite Actor(s)||James Dean, Sylvester Stallone, Dharmendra|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Manali, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Favourite Song||Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas from the film Blackmail|
|Cars Collection||Silver SL500, Porsche Cayenne, Audi R8|
|Salary (approx.)||₹5 Crore/film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹339 Crore ($50 million)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sunny Deol
- Does Sunny Deol smoke?: No
- Does Sunny Deol drink alcohol?: No
- He was born in a Punjabi Jatt family; as his father, Dharmendra is a renowned actor and his step-mother Hema Malini is the dream girl of Bollywood.
- In his school days, he was an average in studies but was quite active in sports.
- During his school days, he used to wear his father’s jeans to school and showcase in front of everyone by saying that the jeans are the same one his father wore in Sholay.
- Sunny has done his acting course from Birmingham (Old World Theater), England.
- He prefers keeping his personal life secret from media. He got married at an early age and his wife, Pooja Deol has never been in limelight since then.
- Since his childhood, he loves driving and whenever he gets some leisure time, he manages to go on a drive with his friends and family. Moreover, he disclosed at the age of 12, he once stole a car from somewhere and drove it.
- Initially, sunny was offered a cameo in the movie Damini, but after watching his remarkable acting, his part was extended and he became a central character in the film. His dialogue “Tarikh pe Tarikh” became very much popular among the viewers. Here’s a glimpse of his dialogue:
- While filming for the movie Darr, he had some clashes with the director Yash Chopra and Shah Rukh Khan and he got so aggressive at that time that he put his hands in his pocket and started punching due to which his pants were torn off.
- Hollywood actor Sylvester Stallone is his idol and he always wanted to emulate him in his physique, so he went to Stallone’s gym to get trained.
- In 1997, his film Ziddi became a big hit, but there were some rumours of him getting involved with Raveena Tandon on the sets, which was cleared out when Akshay Kumar confronted Sunny on the sets.
- Sunny decided to do directing after his movie “London” was shelved in between the shoot, directed by a London based woman director Gurinder Singh Chadda.
- He made his directorial debut with the film Dillagi and he got the idea for the film when he noticed Bobby coming home drunk late at night.
- He was not the first choice for Ghatak: Lethal, but after his movie- Ghayal got hit, he was immediately chosen for Ghatak.
- At the start of 21st century, he gave a breakthrough performance in the superhit- Gadar: Ek Prem Katha, which added a feather to his career cap. His film got so famous in Punjab that the theatres would begin playing the film at 6 in the morning.
- According to some online sources, it was reported that he and his brother didn’t attend their step-sister Esha’s marriage.
- He avoids going to Bollywood or other sorts of parties, as he believes that people at such parties pretend to be fake, which he doesn’t like.
- Apart from acting, he did a voice-over for Vin Diesel’s role for the Hindi dubbed version of the American film- Riddick in 2013.
- He came up with a bald look first time in his career in Ghayal Once Again. It was also his comeback to direction after 16 years.
- He has an aggressive image in his reel life while he is totally opposite in his real life, which is soft-hearted and introvert.
- In September 2017, Dimple and Sunny Deol were spotted together at a bus stop in London holding each other’s hands. Here’s the video of the couple together at London:
📢⚡TRENDING: URI is surging to become a Blockbuster, check the salary of Uri actors here⚡