|Profession(s)||Engineer, Beauty Pageant Title Holder, Entrepreneur|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg
in pounds- 110 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-25-37|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Femina Miss India World 2012 (winner)
• Miss World 2012 (Runner-up)
|Date of Birth||27 February 1992 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||29 Years|
|School||KB DAV School, Chandigarh|
|College/University||Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Engineering Hindustan Times|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Reading, and Playing Badminton|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (a major in the Indian Army who died when Vanya was only two years old)
Mother- Name Not Known
Note: She is the only child of her parents.
|Food||Gol Gappas, Aloo Parantha|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vanya Mishra
- Vanya Mishra is an Indian engineer, entrepreneur, and beauty pageant titleholder. She came into the limelight after winning the title of Femina Miss India 2012. She also represented India in the Miss World Pageant 2012, where she was the 7th runner-up there.
- When Vanya was only two years old, she lost her father, hence she was raised by her mother.
- She did her schooling at KB DAV School, Chandigarh. Her engineering study was done at Punjab Engineering College (PEC), Chandigarh.
- At the age of 19, she won the title Dabur Gulabri Miss Rose Glow 2012. The contests were held in various states. Winning this contest made her secure a position in the top 20 contestants for Femina Miss India 2012.
- She won the title of Femina Miss India World on 30 March 2012.
- When the jury at the Miss India contest asked her,
If you were to choose between a thousand poor children to feed or a thousand unemployed people to employ, which one would you chose and why?”
If I were to choose between these two, honestly I’d feed the children as little children are innocent and cannot help themselves, but I will also like impart them an education so that such a scenario doesn’t repeat itself.”
- She also won three more subtitles of Maybelline Most Beautiful Eyes, Most Beautiful Skin and Most Photogenic during the Miss India pageant 2012.
- In 2012, she got the opportunity to represent India at the Miss World 2012 pageant in China. She secured a position in the top 7 contestants at the pageant while competing with 120 fellow contestants there. She was at the top of the scoreboard in the finale round, and she was the only one to win two continuous fast track contest there. She also won the titles “Beauty for a Purpose” and “Miss Social Media” in the contest.
- After completing her Miss World tenure, she was offered many Bollywood projects and TV shows, but she decided to pursue her engineering studies.
- After completing her engineering studies, Vanya was offered a role in the Tollywood film Sher; however, after shooting for almost 10 days, she was replaced by Sonal Chauhan. According to the makers of the film, the chemistry between Vanya Mishra and her co-star was not looking good on-screen, which made them replace Vanya. The Times of India
- In 2012, Vanya was honoured with the “Kalpana Chawala Excellence Award”. The award was presented to her by the father of Late Kalpana Chawala.
- After completing her studies in 2014, she followed her dream to be an entrepreneur and started working on her startup known as SummerLabel. She had her best friend Apkash as her business partner who was a restauranteur.
- SummerLabel is a digital fashion and lifestyle store to discover thousands of private labels. The target of the project was to provide all the information about the stores and their products. They also provide customers with ratings and reviews of the products. Soon after its inception, the startup managed to raise a fund of Rupees one crore.
- She continued her journey as an entrepreneur till 2017, after then she joined Reliance Jio as a Senior Manager.
- Vanya also works with many NGO’s across the country.
- Vanya Mishra is often invited to many institutions as a motivational speaker and as a judge at many beauty and talent shows.