Vinay Kumar (Cricketer) Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Biography & More
|Full Name||Ranganath Vinay Kumar|
|Profession||Cricketer (Right-arm medium bowler)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 38 inches
- Waist: 30 inches
- Biceps: 12 inches
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||ODI- 28 May 2010 against Zimbabwe at Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
Test- 13 January 2012 against Australia at Perth, Western Australia
T20- 11 May 2010 against Sri Lanka at Gros Islet, Saint Lucia
|Jersey Number||#23 (India)
|Domestic/State Team||Karnataka, Kochi Tuskers Kerala, Kolkata Knight Riders, Mumbai Indians, Royal Challengers Bangalore, South Zone|
|Records (main ones)||• He became the second-highest wicket-taker in the 2007-2008 Ranji Trophy sports league season by picking 40 wickets
• He became the highest wicket-taker in the domestic 2009-2010 season (Ranji and Duleep Trophy).
|Date of Birth||12 February 1984|
|Age (as in 2019)||35 Years|
|Birth Place||Davanagere, Karnataka, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Hometown||Davanagere, Karnataka, India|
|College/University||A.R.G. Arts and Commerce College, Davangere|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)|
|Family||Father- Ranganath (Used to work as autorickshaw driver)
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Vinutha Kumari (Works as TV presenter with Doordarshan)
|Coach/Mentor||Prakash Pawar (Died, Former Goa Ranji cricketer)
|Address||Davanagere, Karnataka, India|
|Favourite Foods||Tandori Chicken, Dal Palak|
|Favourite Book||'The Secret' by Rhonda Byrne|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Marriage Date||29 November 2013|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vinay Kumar
- Does Vinay Kumar smoke?: Not Known
- Does Vinay Kumar drink alcohol?: Yes
- Vinay was born in a modest family and his father didn’t have enough money to buy cricket gear for him.
- At the age of 11, a former Goa Ranji cricketer Prakash Pawar spotted his talent towards cricket during summer camp at Davanagere.
- He then started playing in a zonal competition for ‘Tumkur’ as a batsman.
- In 2000, he started playing for the KSCA curator Narayan Raju’s Neptune Cricketers club in the fifth division league in which he picked 30 wickets and scored 300 runs. His performance helped to promote the club to the fourth division.
- During that season, he was chosen to play in the first division for Swastic Union.
- After that, he got selected to play for Karnataka cricket team in the MRF Trophy and played his first match against Railway cricket team in which he made a hat-trick.
- He then chose to play a practice match against Indian U-19 cricket team in Bangalore. Though he was not on the playing side, he got the chance to play the match after when bowler Mangaraj got injured in an initial over. He picked 6 wickets in that match and he also picked 10 wickets in the next 2 matches.
- He was then chosen for the 2003-2004 Ranji Trophy One-Day Tournament but did not play in the whole season.
- In 2004, he got the chance to play for the Ranji Trophy and made his first-class debut against Bengal in Kolkata in which he picked 5 wickets.
- In 2008, ‘Royal Challengers Bangalore’ (RCB) bought him for the ‘2008 Indian Premier League’ (IPL) auction. He also played for the RCB in 2010 IPL auction in which he picked 16 wickets.
- He then got selected in 2010 for the ‘India’ cricket team and played his first T20I match against Sri Lanka in which he picked 2 wickets.
- In 2012, ‘RCB’ again bought him for $1 million for the ‘2012 IPL’ auction.
- He also works as a manager in Vijaya Bank.
- He has a craze for cars and bikes.
- In 2018, ‘Kolkata Knight Riders’ (KKR) bought him for the ‘2018 Indian Premier League’ (IPL) auction.