Vaibhav Gehlot Age, Caste, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Hometown: Jodhpur, Rajasthan
Age: 38 Years
Caste: Backward Mali Community (OBC)
|Political Party||Indian National Congress (INC)
|Political Journey||• Joined the Youth Congress in 2004
• Joined the Indian National Congress (INC) in 2004
• His father, Ashok Gehlot, sent him to Sawai Madhopur and Jhalawar to manage his political campaign in 2009 and 2014
• Appointed as the Secretary of the Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) in 2014
• Included in the All India Congress Committee (AICC) in 2018
• Contested the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections form the Jodhpur Constituency
|Date of Birth||2 June 1980|
|Age (as in 2018)||38 Years|
|School||Air Force Bal Bharati School, New Delhi|
|College/University||ILS Law College, Pune|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Law (LLB)|
|Caste||Backward 'Mali' (Gardener) Community (OBC)|
|Address||2170, Dado Ka Bas, Ward No. 53, Jodhpur, Rajasthan|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||15 July 2005|
Daughter- Kashwini Gehlot
|Parents||Father- Ashok Gehlot (Politician)
Mother- Sunita Gehlot (Homemaker)
Sister- Sonia Gehlot
|Assets/Properties (as in 2019)||Movable: INR 95.63 Lacs
Cash: INR 1.75 Lacs
Bank Deposits: INR 72.23 Lacs
LIC Policies: INR 1 Lac
Jewellery: 198gm of Gold worth INR 1 Lac and 2800 gm of Silver Utensils Worth INR 1 Lac
Immovable: 14.60 Lacs
2 Plots in Jaipur, worth INR 14.60 Lacs
|Net Worth (approx.)||INR 1.86 Crores (As in 2019)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vaibhav Gehlot
- Vaibhav Gehlot is a politician from Rajasthan and the son of the Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot. He contested from the Jodhpur Lok Sabha Constituency in the 2019 General Elections.
- He was a businessman before entering politics and had a Car Rental Company and a Consultancy firm.
- He got married on 15 July 2005 to Himanshi Kumar. Himanshi has always stayed away from politics and has been involved in social work. She helps children suffering from cancer through an NGO named Initiative Helping Hands Society.
- Vaibhav and Himanshi have a daughter together, Kashwini. Kashwini also participates with her mother in social work and also volunteers for many initiatives and campaigns.
- In 2009 he was sent to the city of Sawai Madhopur to handle Ashok Gehlot’s political campaign.
- In 2010, he was included in the Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) as a member from the Nathdwara town of Rajasthan.
- In 2014, he was appointed as the General Secretary of the Rajasthan Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC).
- In 2014 he was sent to Jhalawar to manage his father’s political campaign.
- On 28 March 2019, Congress released a list of 31 candidates for the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections, among which Vaibhav’s name was also included from the Jodhpur constituency.
- After being named as the Lok Sabha candidate from the Jodhpur seat, Vaibhav took to social media to thank Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi, and Sachin Pilot.
- When Vaibhav was named as the Lok Sabha candidate from Jodhpur, the next morning he went to a Ganapati Temple to offer his prayers and seek blessings along with his wife and daughter.
- Vaibhav was elected as a member of the All India Congress Committee (AICC) in 2018.
- Vaibhav will be contesting against sitting MP and Union Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, who is also the Minister of State for the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare in the Narendra Modi Government.
- His father, Ashok Gehlot, was never in favour of Vaibhav running for elections. Even though Vaibhav had wanted to contest, but he shot down his idea. In 2018, Ashok Gehlot finally agreed to let Vaibhav contest for the General Elections of 2019 and he was named as the Congress candidate from the Jodhpur Constituency, from where Ashok Gehlot had been an MP for 5 times.