Vineet Kumar Age, Wife, Family, Biography & More
Age: 65 Years
Wife: Manoranjan Dhaliwal
|Nickname(s)||• Raman Facebook – Vineet Kumar
• Daddu YouTube – Ashish Vidyarthi Official
|Profession(s)||Actor, Theatre Artist|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Eye Colour||Hazel Black|
|Debut||Film (Hindi): Vishwatma (1992) in a cameo role
TV (Hindi): Yugantar (1995) in a supporting role, aired on Doordarshan
Film (Telugu): Vikramarkudu (2006) as Bavuji
Film (English): Electric Moon (1992) in a cameo role
Film (Kannada): Zamana (2010) in a cameo role
Film (Tamil): Velayudham (2011) as Ulaganathan
Film (Nagpuri): Phulmania (2019) as Jay’s father
Web Series (Hindi): Maharani (2021) as Gauri Shankar Pandey; streamed on SonyLIV
|Date of Birth||22 February 1958 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||65 Years|
|School||Patna Collegiate School, Patna|
|College/University||Bihar National College, Patna, Bihar|
|Educational Qualification||Graduation in Law and Psychology The Times of India|
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Facebook – Vineet Kumar|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||28 June 1995|
|Wife/Spouse||Manoranjan Dhaliwal (TEAP and CELTA certified educator)
|Parents||Father- Saheb Lal Srivastav (worked as a district transport officer in Uttar Pradesh)
Mother- Prabha Srivastav
|Siblings||Brother- Sunit Kumar (retired Indian Police Service officer of the Bihar cadre, Chairman of the Bihar Police Subordinate Services Commission, Bihar)
Sister- Ratna Ranjan
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vineet Kumar
- Vineet Kumar is an Indian actor and theatre artist. He mainly appears in films and TV serials of languages like Hindi, English, and Telugu.
- Vineet was brought up in Patna, Bihar.
- He started his career as a wrestler. In 1968, he won various wrestling competitions in Bihar.
- His brother’s friends once asked him to accompany them to the theatre group Satish Anand Theatre Group where he watched performances of various theatre artists. From there, he started developing an interest in theatre.
- From 1968 to 1989, he attended the National School of Drama, New Delhi to pursue a course in Master & Fellowship in Dramatic Arts.
- In 1973, he attended the Indian Peoples’ Theatre Association in Patna.
- He participated in the 1974 JP movement aka Bihar Movement which was a political movement started by the students in Bihar against the misrule and corruption in the state.
- Vineet is known for playing supporting roles in various Hindi films such as ‘Drohkaal’ (1994), ‘Kachche Dhaage’ (1999), ‘Shool’ (1999), ‘Yeh Dil’ (2003), ‘Masaan’ (2015), and ‘Bholaa’ (2023).
- He has also acted in a few English films like ‘Return to Rajapur’ (2006), ‘Strings’ (2006), and ‘Bhopal: A Prayer for Rain’ (2014).
- He has appeared in many Telugu films like ‘Kandireega’ (2011), ‘Shivam’ (2015), ‘Inttelligent’ (2018), ‘Chanakya’ (2019), and ‘Bombhaat’ (2020).
- Apart from films, Vineet has also acted in many Hindi TV serials like ‘Swabhimaan’ (1995; DD National), ‘Saat Phere: Saloni Ka Safar’ (2005; Zee TV), ‘Lapataganj: Sharad Joshi Ki Kahaniyon Ka Pata’ (2010; SAB TV), ‘Chidiya Ghar’ (2012; SAB TV), and ‘Jaana Na Dil Se Door’ (2016; Star Plus).
- He was felicitated with Kala & Film Mahotsav award in 2016. In the same year, he received Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role in the Hindi TV serial Jaana Na Dil Se Door.
- In 2022, Vineet Kumar appeared in a few Hindi web series like ‘Nirmal Pathak Ki Ghar Wapsi’ (SonyLIV), ‘The Great Indian Murder’ (Disney+ Hotstar), and ‘Maharani 2’ (SonyLIV).
- In one of his interviews, he shared that he was interested in performing in theatres only and acting in films and TV serials were never his priority.
- Vineet Kumar is a spiritual person and is an ardent devotee of lord Shiva. YouTube – Ashish Vidyarthi Official
- He loves animals and often shares pictures of them on his Instagram account.
- He has written various blogs for his blog site Muktkanth.