Hometown: Sirsi, Karnataka
Age: 58 Years
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in feet inches- 6’
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 65 kg
in pounds- 143 lbs
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• He was appointed as the BJP District Secretary from 1990 to 1994.
• Vishweshwar was elected as an MLA from the Ankola Vidhan Sabha Constituency of Karnataka for the first time in 1994.
• He was elected as an MLA for three times from the Ankola Constituency in 1994, 1999, and 2004.
• In June 2007, he was appointed as the Parliamentary Secretary from June 2007 to September 2007.
• In 2008, he was appointed as the Minister for Primary & Secondary Education in 2008 in the BS Yeddyurappa Government.
• After the delimitation process, he was elected as an MLA from the Sirsi Constituency in 2008, 2013, and 2018.
• In 2019, when the BJP came to power, Vishweshwar was elected as the speaker of the Karnataka Assembly.
|Date of Birth||10 July 1961 (Monday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||58 Years|
|School||A local school of Sirsi, Karnataka|
|College/University||Karnatak University, Dharwad, Karnataka|
|Address||LH Room No. 445, Annexe-4, Bangalore|
|Hobbies||Playing Cricket, Reading Books|
|Controversy||On 14 July 2011, he supported a campaign which wanted to include the Bhagwad Gita in the syllabus of all the Government schools in Karnataka. Vishweshwar stated that everyone who opposes Gita teaching should quit India. He was criticized a lot for this statement.|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||Year 1991|
|Parents||Father- Anant Hegde
Mother- Sarweshwari Hegde
|Car Collection||• Maruti Suzuki Swift (2011 Model)
• Toyota Innova (2016 Model)
|Assets/Properties||Cash: 5 Lacs INR
Bank Deposits: 52.80 Lacs INR
Jewellery: 1250 gm Gold worth 7.33 Lacs INR and 3500 gm Silver worth 1.33 Lacs INR
Agricultural Land: worth 50 Lacs INR in Kageri village
Non-Agricultural Land: worth 1.25 Crores INR in Bengaluru
Residential House: worth 80 Lacs INR in Sirsi, Karnataka
|Salary (approx.)||1 Lac INR + other allowances (as an MP)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||7.46 Crores INR (as in 2018)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vishweshwar Hegde Kageri
- Vishweshwar Hegde Kageri is an Indian politician from Karnataka. He is the Speaker of the Karnataka Assembly.
- Vishweshwar started his political career with the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP), the student wing of the RSS.
- During his college days, he served as the Secretary of the State ABVP for 5 years. He was a very influential leader, and he wanted to serve the people.
- He has been a six-time MLA from the Ankola and the Sirsi Vidhan Sabha Constituency of Karnataka.
- In July 2019, the BJP won the trust vote in the Karnataka Assembly and BS Yeddyurappa was sworn in as the Chief Minister of Karnataka. On 30 July 2019, Vishweshwar was elected as the Speaker of the Karnataka Assembly after Yeddyurappa proposed his name.
- He is the only person who filed his papers for the nomination for the post of the Assembly Speaker.