|Full Name||Bookanakere Siddalingappa Yeddyurappa|
|Famous For||Being the first person from the Bharatiya Janata Party to become the Chief Minister of a South Indian state- Karnataka|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Eye Colour||Dark brown|
|Hair Colour||Grey (Semi-Bald)|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)
|Political Journey||• 1972: Appointed as a member to the Shikaripura Town Municipality.
• 1975: Elected as the President of the Taluk unit of the Jana Sangh and also appointed as the President of the Town Municipality of Shikaripura the same year.
• 1980: Elected as the President of the Shikaripura taluk unit of the BJP.
• 1985: Became the president of BJP's Shimoga district unit.
• 1988: Elected as the president of State BJP; Karnataka.
• 1994: Became the leader of opposition of Karnataka Legislative assembly.
• 1999: Lost elections.
• 2004: Re-elected and became the leader of opposition again.
• 2007: Became the Cheif Minister of Karnataka.
• 2011: Resigned.
|Biggest Rival||Congress leader Siddaramaiah|
|Date of Birth||27 February 1943|
|Age (as in 2018)||75 Years|
|Birthplace||Bookanakere, Mandya District, Karnataka|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Bookanakere, Mandya, Karnataka|
|School||PES College, Mandya, Karnataka|
|Educational Qualification||12th pass|
|Address||Mythri Nivasa, Malerakeri, Shikaripura, Karnataka|
|Award||“Fastest Mover Award” in law and order category by India Today|
|Controversies||• He was arrested for 45 days at Shimoga and Bellary during emergency period in 1975.
• In 2004, there were rumours that B.S Yeddyurappa and Shobha Karandlaje (Lok Sabha MP; BJP) had an affair.
• He was again amidst a controversy when he went for a meal at a Dalit house, but alleged to order food from a nearby hotel.
• An SUV Toyota was when gifted to him by sugar baron Nirani, he again fell into a controversy, as it was worth 1 crore and was being used by him to inspect the drought-hit areas.
• In 2012, he was forced by the party to resign due to corruption charges; but he re-joined it in 2013 and became the National Vice President of BJP.
|Girlfriends, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||Year, 1967|
|Wife/Spouse||Late Mythra Devi
|Children||Sons- B. Y. Raghavendra, B Y Vijayendra
Daughters- S Y Umadevi, B Y Arunadevi
Sister- P S Prema
|Favourite Politicians||Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Narendra Modi|
|Car Collection|| Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
|Salary (as an MLA from Karnataka)||₹98000 + Other Allowances|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹7 crore (as in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About B. S. Yeddyurappa
- Does B. S. Yeddyurappa smoke?: Not known
- Does B. S. Yeddyurappa drink alcohol?: Not known
- B. S. Yeddyurappa was named after a temple Shaivite, which was built by a saint Siddalingeshwara at Yediyur in Tumkur district.
- His mother died when he was four.
- He stopped his studies after completing his 12th.
- In 1965, he was appointed as a First-Division clerk in social welfare department. But soon he quit his job to move to Shikapura and became a clerk in a rice mill.
- In 1967, he got hitched to Mythradevi; who was the daughter of the owner of a rice mill where B. S. Yeddyurappa worked as a clerk.
- He later opened his own hardware shop in Shivamogga.
- His wife died in a mysterious way by drowning in a sump while fetching water.
- He was appointed as a secretary of Sangh’s shikaripur unit in 1970.
- B. S. Yeddyurappa has been a member of the Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Twelfth and Thirteenth Legislative Assemblies (lower house) of Karnataka.
- He became the 19th Chief Minister of Karnataka in 2008 and served in office from 30 May 2008 to 31 July 2011.
- He was handed the responsibility of the presidency of BJP in Karnataka for the fourth time in 2016.
- B. S. Yeddyurappa was suspected to have a relationship with Shobha Karandlaje; however, both of them denied the rumours. There were rumors that they even got married in a secret ceremony.
- He was arrested for the charge of corruption for 21 days in 2011.
- A pedestrian was killed by a car carrying Yeddyurappa’s son, the police arrested the driver (Ravikumar) and charged a case of rash driving.
- BJP announced B. S. Yeddyurappa as the chief ministerial candidate for 2018 Karnataka State Assembly elections.
- On 17th may 2018, he took the oath as Chief Minister of Karnataka but only after 2 days, he resigned from the post without facing the confidence vote.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡