|Full name||Sardar Yar Muhammad Rind Twitter - Yar Muhammad Rind|
|Famous for||Serving as a Special Assistant to Prime Minister Imran Khan from March 2019 to March 2022|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Political Party||• Pakistan Peoples Party
• Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf
|Political Journey||• Joined the Pakistan People's Party in 1980s
• Served as a Member of the Senate of Pakistan from Balochistan Constituency from 1985 to 1988
• Elected as a Member of the National Assembly of Pakistan (MNA) from NA-201 Kachhi Constituency in 1990
• Became a Member of the National Assembly of Pakistan (MNA) from NA-201 Jhal Magsi-cum- Bolan (Kachhi) Constituency in 1993
• Served as a Member of the National Assembly of Pakistan (MNA) from NA-201 Jhal Magsi-cum- Bolan (Kachhi) Constituency from 1997-1999
• Elected as a Member of the National Assembly of Pakistan (MNA) from NA-267 Kachhi in 2002
• Served as the Federal Minister for Food, Agriculture, and Livestock from 2002 to 2007
• Became a Member of the Provincial Assembly of Balochistan (MPA) from PB-30 Bolan-I Constituency in 2008
• Served as the Leader of the Opposition in the Provincial Assembly of Balochistan from 2008 till 2013
• Resigned from the Pakistan People's Party and joined the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf in 2015
• Became the President of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf for Balochistan in 2015
• Became a Member of the Provincial Assembly of Balochistan (MPA) from PB-17 Kachhi-cum-Mastung Constituency in August 2018
• Appointed as Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Activities pertaining to Ministries of Water Resources, Power and Petroleum in the Balochistan on 20 March 2019
• Appointed as the Provincial Minister of Balochistan for Secondary Education and Colleges, Technical and Higher Education on 23 January 2020
• Resigned from the post of President Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Balochistan Chapter on 25 December 2021
• Resigned as Special Assistant to Prime Minister in March 2022
|Date of Birth||1 August 1956 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||66 Years|
|Caste/Tribe||Rind Tribe Wikipedia|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status||Not Known|
|Wife/Spouse||Ayla Malik (ex-wife; politician)
|Children||Son- Sardar Khan Rind (chairman of Rind Qaumi Ittehad)
Daughter- Myra Malik
Some Lesser Known Facts About Yar Muhammad Rind
- Sardar Yar Muhammad Rind is an Indian politician and Chief of the Rind Tribe. As of 2022, he is associated with the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf.
- He grew up in a middle-class family in Balochistan, Pakistan.
- From 1985 to 1988, Rind served as a Senator in Pakistan; he became a senator on a general seat from the Balochistan constituency.
- In 1990, he contested and won the National Assembly elections of Pakistan from the NA-201 Kachhi Constituency on a ticket of the Pakistan People’s Party.
- Subsequently, he got elected to the National Assembly of Pakistan thrice on a ticket of the Pakistan People’s Party- i.e., in 1993, 1997, and 2002.
- In 2002, he was appointed as the Federal Minister for Food, Agriculture, and Livestock during the Pakistan Muslim League (Q) government. He served the post till 2007.
- In 2008, he contested the Balochistan Provincial Assembly elections from PB-30 Bolan-I Constituency on a ticket of the Pakistan Peoples Party. Although Yar Muhammad won the elections, his party lost to the National People’s Party (NPP), whose government was made in Balochistan. He then served as the Leader of the Opposition in the Provincial Assembly of Balochistan from 2008 to 2013.
- Yar Muhammad quit the National People’s Party and joined the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf in 2015. Subsequently, he was made the President of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf for Balochistan. He served the post till December 2021 and then resigned from it.
- In 2018, Rind contested and won the Balochistan Provincial Assembly elections from PB-17 Kachhi-cum-Mastung Constituency on a ticket of the National People’s Party.
- The following year, he was given the responsibility to look after the affairs of the Ministry of Water Resources and the Ministry of Petroleum as a Special Assistant to Prime Minister Imran Khan.
In March 2022, he gave his resignation from the post, citing constant ignorance by the government and the Prime Minister of Pakistan. In a media conversation, while talking about the same, Rind said,
This is my final decision. I was special assistant [to prime minister] only to the extent of issuing notifications. I had no authority. I was not even invited to any meetings on Balochistan… no one including the federal ministers contacted me for any meetings.”
- On 23 January 2020, Rind was appointed as the Provincial Minister for Secondary Education & Colleges, Technical & Higher Education in the Provincial Cabinet of Balochistan.
- A social worker, Rind has been involved in several projects aimed at providing free education to children in Pakistan. In 2015, Rind, along with his son, started a project which would benefit around 400 Pakistani children in terms of free education, food, and living.
- Sardar Yar Muhammad Rind laid the foundation stone of Mir Chakar Rind Grid Station at Dhadar in Balochistan in November 2019.
- In 2022, multiple audio clips of the Pakistani politician and former cricketer Imran Khan went viral on social media in which he was heard talking obscenely with a woman, supposedly Rind’s ex-wife Ayla Malik. The Educationist Hub