Age: 43 Years
|Full Name||Randeep Singh Hooda|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm
in meters- 1.80 m
in feet inches- 5’ 11”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||20 August 1976|
|Age (as in 2019)||43 Years|
|Birthplace||Rohtak, Haryana, India|
|Hometown||Rohtak, Haryana, India|
|School(s)||Motilal Nehru School of Sports (MNSS) in Rai, Sonepat , Haryana (A boarding school)
Delhi Public School, R.K. Puram, New Delhi
|College/University||A college in Melbourne, Australia|
|Educational Qualification||MBA in Human Resource Management and Marketing|
|Debut||Film (Hollywood): Monsoon Wedding (2001)
Film (Bollywood): D (2005)
|Address||A 3 BHK flat in Rohtak, Haryana
Versova Sea Side CHS, J P Road, Jeet Nagar, Versova, Andheri (West), Mumbai
|Hobbies||Doing Wildlife Photography, Playing Polo & Show Jumping, Listening To Instrumental Music, Travelling, Doing Workout, Horse-Riding|
|Awards||2010: Lions Gold Awards in category Favourite Actor in a Supporting Role for Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai
2014: Stardust Awards for Best Actor for Highway
2015: Stardust Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role for Main Aur Charles
|Controversies||• His 'gay' kissing scenes with Saqib Saleem in Bombay Talkies (2013), and with Sikander in the film John Day (2013).
• In early 2017, the Delhi University student, Gurmehar Kaur, posted a photo of herself on Twitter and Facebook, holding a placard with some controversial messages. When cricketer, Virendra Sehwag, gave her a witty reply on Twitter, Hooda supported the cricketer by posting a 'clapping' emoji. However, Hooda also faced criticism for this act by a faction of the society.
• In 2016, during the premiere of his film 'Sarbjit', when a reporter asked him whether he had overshadowed Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in the film, he got angry and told the reporter to 'Shut up!.'
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Sushmita Sen (Actress)
Neetu Chandra (Actress)
Lin Laishram (Actress, Rumour)
|Parents||Father- Ranbir Hooda (Doctor, Professor)
Mother- Asha Hooda (Social Worker, Politician)
|Siblings||Brother- Sandeep Hooda (Younger, Software Engineer)
Sister- Anjali Hooda Sangwan (Elder, Nutritionist)
|Favourite Food(s)||Aloo Ki Sabzi, Choorma, Egg Burrito, French Fries, Spanish Omelette Sandwich, Egg Salad with Tomato and Avocado|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Hollywood: Daniel Day Lewis, Marlon Brando
Bollywood: Akshay Kumar
|Favourite Actress||Cate Blanchet|
|Favourite Film(s)||Ghulami, Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster|
|Favourite Director(s)||Ram Gopal Varma, Prawaal Raman|
|Favourite Musician(s)||Charles Mingus, Thelonious Monk|
|Favourite Brand||Ralph Lauren|
|Favourite Destination(s)||New York, Australia, China, Himachal Pradesh, Pune|
|Cars Collection||Toyota Crown Magesta, Mahendra Commando|
|Salary (approx.)||₹3-4 Crore/film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹68 Crore ($10 Million)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Randeep Hooda
- He had a lonely childhood, as his parents used to work in the Middle East and left him with his maternal grandmother in a strict environment.
- Since his school days, he was interested in acting and was also active in theatre.
- His parents wanted him to become a doctor and forcefully sent him to DPS.
- He became very mischievous and naughty and got indulged into every bad habit like smoking, drinking, dating, bunking classes, etc. He was addressed as “Randeep Don Hooda” at his school farewell.
- He went to Austraila for his higher studies and got failed in the first year of his graduation. Later, he completed his bachelors and masters from Melbourne.
- He was a victim of constant bullying in his school hostel, but with his exposure to abroad, he developed a huge amount of confidence, which helped him grow as a person and as an actor.
- Randeep did various odd jobs like working in a Chinese restaurant as a waiter, car washing, dishwashing, taxi driver, becoming a beach lifeguard, and many such jobs.
- After returning to India, he worked in the marketing sector in Delhi, but in a short span of time, he quit that job and moved to Mumbai.
- During his initial struggle days in Mumbai, he did various modelling assignments till he got the opportunity of his debut film- Monsoon Wedding.
- After his debut, he started getting many offers, but he refused them all because of the promise Ram Gopal Verma made to him to launch him in his Bollywood flick “Ek” in the lead role. To ensure this commitment, Ram used to pay Randeep 35,000/month for three years, but unfortunately, the film got shelved later.
- He joined Naseeruddin Shah‘s theatre troupe named “Motley” during his three years gap, and that was the time when his love for horses developed and he started horse-riding.
- He gave a small yet impactful performance in the movie “Once Upon A Time In Mumbai” alongside Ajay Devgn and Emraan Hashmi, which rose him to prominence in the film industry. Here’s a video showcasing his role as a cop:
- He has been an animal lover since his childhood. He used to get street dogs to his house and even used to spend the majority of his time at the barn.
- In 2014, for his role in the movie Highway, he went through rigorous training; as he learned Gujari language, stood under the sun for hours, avoided bathe for days, and stopped using any cream or moisturiser to get that rough and rustic look.
- He is a professional horse rider and participates in professional horse riding events like Polo and Showjumping regularly. He owns six horses in Mumbai’s Mahalaxmi racecourse. Moreover, he has also won two medals at equestrian events in Mumbai and Delhi. In February 2019, he bagged a silver medal at the National Equestrian Championship (NEC) that was held in Mumbai.
- For his breathtaking role as Sarabjit Singh, an Indian who was detained in Pakistan for 23 years, in the biopic ‘Sarabjit’ in 2016, he went through a shocking transformation; as he lost around 18 kg in just 28 days.
- If not an actor, he would have been a horse trainer.
- He was selected as the first-ever brand ambassador for Mumbai Fire Brigade in 2016.
- In an interview, he told that he doesn’t like women who drink or who have zero figure.
- Apart from acting, he has an interest in playing musical instruments, and he played the saxophone for around three years, but he left as it started affecting his voice.