Height: 5’ 5½"
Age: 37 Years
|Real Name||Sushil Kumar Solanki|
|Coach/Mentor||Mahabali Satpal Singh|
|Records||2003 - Gold (60 kg) - London Commonwealth Championship
2003 - Bronze (60 kg) - New Delhi Asian Championships
2005 - Gold (66 kg) - Cape Town Commonwealth Championship
2007 - Gold (66 kg) - London Commonwealth Championship
2007 - Silver (66 kg) - Kyrgyzstan Asian Championships
2008 - Bronze (66 kg) - Beijing Olympics
2008 - Bronze (66 kg) - Jeju Island Asian Championships
2009 - Gold (66 kg) - Jalander Commonwealth Championship
2010 - Gold (66 kg) - New Delhi Asian Championships
2010 - Gold (66 kg) - Moscow World Championships
2010 - Gold (66 kg) - Delhi Commonwealth Games
2012- Silver (66 kg) - London Summer Olympics
2018- Gold (73 kg) - Gold Coast Commonwealth Games
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 166 cm
in meters- 1.66 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5½”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 66 kg
in Pounds- 145 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 44 Inches
- Waist: 34 Inches
- Biceps: 16 Inches
|Date of Birth||26 May 1983|
|Age (as of 2020)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||Baprola, Najafgarh, Delhi, India|
|Hometown||Najafgarh, Delhi, India|
|Debut||World Cadet Games (1998)|
|Family||Father- Diwan Singh (Bus Driver)
Mother- Kamla Devi
Brothers- Sandeep (wrestler)
|Food Habit||Vegetarian Tarun Gill YouTube|
|Food||Paranthas, White Makhan (butter)|
|Actor||Amitabh Bachchan and Salman Khan|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Children||He has two sons.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sushil Kumar
- Does Sushil Kumar smoke?: No
- Does Sushil Kumar drink alcohol?: No
- Sushil started wresting at the age of 14, and won the gold at the World Cadet Championships in 1998.
- He is the only Indian to have won two Olympic medals.
- He once refused to endorse a liquor brand, because he thought that it would send a wrong message among the youth of the country.
- He received Arjuna Award in 2005 and Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award in 2008.
- His father, Diwan Singh and his cousin, Sandeep, were his inspiration to join wrestling.
- He is vegetarian and has campaigned for PETA’s go-vegetarian campaign.
- He loves football and is a huge fan of Lionel Messi.
- His training period in Chatrasaal Stadium, Delhi was so bad that he had to share his room with 19 fellow trainee wrestlers.
- He is not a gadget lover and hardly carries his mobile phone.
- He has a charity foundation called Sushil 4 Sports, which helps aspiring sports athletes from all fields.
- He was voted as The Most Popular Athlete by the athletes of the 2010 Commonwealth Games.
- Apart from wresting, he also works in Indian Railways as an Assistant Commercial Manager.
- In 2015, he co-judged the famous reality TV show MTV Roadies.
- In an interview, he talked about his diet and fitness regime in which he said that he used to intake lots of white Makhan during his training in the initial days.