|Zenu Shiba Shaw - Facebook
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Web Series (English): Strange City (2016) as a partygoer
Web Series: Class (2023) on Netflix as Veer Ahuja
Film: Farrey (2023) as 'Prateek'
|Date of Birth
|Age (as of 2022)
|New Delhi, India
|• Suffolk University, Boston
• The Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute, New York
|Bachelor of Science in Journalism
|Relationships & More
|Father- Sakib Shaw
Mother- Shiba Shaw
|He has a sister named Lylah Shaw.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Zeyn Shaw
- Zeyn Shaw is an Indian actor. He is known for playing the role of Veer Ahuja in the Netflix Hindi series Class.
- He was born into a wealthy family in New Delhi, India.
- He did his schooling at a boarding school in Singapore.
- While Zeyn was in school, he participated in an annual theatre showcase in first grade, following which he developed an interest in acting.
- Soon after completing his undergraduate degree, he moved to New York to pursue a course in acting. In New York, he often participated in various theatre productions. According to him, he has worked as a theatre artist in more than 60 improvisational plays, a form of theatre in which the plays are unscripted, and the scenes are created spontaneously.
- In 2018, Zeyn shifted to Mumbai to pursue a career as an actor in the Hindi entertainment industry. Initially, Zeyn attended multiple acting auditions; however, he got rejected owing to his fair complexion. In an interview, he talked about this and said,
It actually started with a lot of rejections. I was studying at a film school in New York. I spent about a year doing 50–60 improv shows and moved to Mumbai in 2018. People used to reject me while auditioning since I have a fair complexion. After countless rejections, the audition for Class came to me during the pandemic. They liked me and took my screen test with the locked cast. I got the role in October 2020. I am literally a pandemic actor (laughs).”
- In 2023, he bagged a role in the Netflix series Class, an adept of the Spanish TV series Elite. According to Zeyn, before working in the drama series, he had never acted before a camera. In an interview, he talked about his experience of working on his debut project and said,
I was terrified since Class was my first ever experience in front of the camera. I haven’t even done an ad before. When I walked out to the sets, I freaked out seeing so many people around and big cameras, but I became comfortable within four-five days of the shoot. I was blessed to have a director, who kind of helped me a lot.”
- In 2023, in an interview, Zeyn talked about his other film projects and said that he worked in a Hindi thriller, opposite Salman Khan’s niece, Alizeh Agnihotri. He said,
I have just shot a thriller film, but I can’t talk about it. The makers are planning to announce it around the end of this month, and it might come out around August-September 2023. But, I am currently auditioning and looking for work. Both ‘Class’ and my next film are kind of offbeat ones.”
- According to sources, Zeyn’s family has some connections with Salman Khan; however, in an interview, Zeyn denied this and said he met and had a short conversation with Khan at a party. He said,
I am not technically under his wing. It was super cool that he posted about me on his social media. I remember meeting him once and I must say that I was pretty much star-struck seeing him. It didn’t feel real, to be honest, but we did exchange a few words.”
- A fitness enthusiast, Zeyn is trained in stage combat, a form of a choreographed fight, practised in theatrical productions to narrate a story or incident of violence.
- In an interview, Shaw shared a fun fact about himself. According to him, he can balance a fidget spinner on his nose for more than ten minutes.
- He is often spotted consuming alcohol and smoking cigarettes on various occasions.