|Names Earned||The Prince of Indian Cuisine PR Newswire|
|Famous for||Hosting MasterChef India Season 5 (2016)
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 3”
|Debut||TV: MasterChef India (2016)
|Awards||• 2014: Restaurateur of the year
• 2014: Entrepreneur India Awards
• 2017: GQ Man of the year– Restaurateur of 2017
|Date of Birth||26 May 1977 (Thursday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||45 Years|
|College/University||Bentley University - McCallum Graduate School of Business, United States Zorawar Kalra - LinkedIn|
|Educational Qualification||Master of Business Administration Forbes India|
|Religion||Sikhism Zorawar Kalra - Instagram|
|Food Habit||Non-vegetarian Zorawar Kalra|
|Office Address||Plot No. 825, Udyog Vihar, Phase-V, Gurgaon Gurgaon HR 122001 IN|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Driving race cars|
|Controversy||IT raid at Zorawar Kalra's restaurant
In September 2019, Zorawar Kalra's Thai restaurant in Mehrauli, New Delhi was raided by the Income Tax departement, New Delhi for serving non-duty paid liquor and avoiding taxes. According to sources, the Income Tax departement found bottles of branded liquors that was intended to sale only in Haryana. Aditionally, it was discovered that the eatery was open beyond the permissable deadline of 1am. Mumbai Mirror
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||30 July 2006|
|Wife/Spouse||Dildeep Sehgal (Director of Massive Restaurants)
|Children||Son- Fateh Kalra
Daughter- Aaliyah Kalra
|Parents||Father- Jiggs Kalra (Indian restaurateur and television host) (On 4 June 2019, Jiggs Kalra passed away after suffering from a long illness)
Mother- Lovejeet Kalra (On 3 January 2021, Lovjeet Kalra passed away)
|Siblings||Brother- Ajit Kalra (restaurateur)
|Food||Indian Cuisine, Japanese Cuisine, Burgers, and Bisi Bele Bath|
|Film||Chariots Of Fire (1981)|
|Car Collection||Porsche 911 Carrera|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Zorawar Kalra
- Zorawar Kalra is an Indian restuaurateur and entrepreneur. In 2016, he appeared as one of the hosts of MasterChef India Season 5, which was aired on StarPlus.
- Zorawar Kalra belongs to a family of restaurateurs. His father, Jaspal Inder Singh Kalra, was a celebrated chef and author. He was known for serving the likes of former United States President Bill Clinton, British royals Prince Charles, and the Late Princess Diana. He has represented India at numerous international cuisine festivals and summits. Hindustan Times
- In an interview, Zorawar Kalra talked about his father and said that his father was his biggest influence on the approach to his restaurant business. He quoted,
My father was the biggest influence. I had pretty much decided to go into the restaurant business in my preteen years. I travelled the world with my father and observed his lifestyle, which I found very intriguing. This has also exposed me to great food early in life. He would always tell me, first figure out something to do for free and then find a way to make money through it.” Big Hospitality
- Following in his father’s footsteps, Zorawar Kalra established his first business, ZK Restaurants Concepts, in 2006. Later, after the successful foundation of ZK Restaurants Concepts, he started a series of casual and fine dining restaurants.
- After six years, he founded Massive Restaurants. Massive restaurants operate numerous fine-dining restaurants like Masala Library by Jigs Kalra, Made in Punjab, Farzi Cafe, Pa Pa Ya, Masala Bar, and BO-TAI.
- According to 2022, Zorawar Kalra owns 36 outlets across nine brands in eight countries. In an interview, he talked about expanding his restaurant business and said,
Currently, we operate 36 outlets of our restaurant brands Farzi Café, Made in Punjab, Younion, Masala Library, Bo-Tai and PaPaYa. We have 10 franchise outlets in the pipeline in Chennai, Kanpur, Nagpur and Gwalior. Most of these will be of Farzi Café, while the rest will be Made in Punjab and Younion. Our goal is to open at least 15 outlets every year — an equal mix of franchise owned company operated, and company owned company operated models. We aim to increase our restaurant footprint to more than 100 over the next three years.” Financial Express
- Zorawar Kalra is counted as one of the youngest and most successful restaurateurs in India. He has been referred to as a “Man with a vision on a purpose,” “The Prince of Indian Cuisine,” and one of GQ India’s 50 Most Influential Young Indians (thrice).
- In 2017, the Farzi cafe, which is owned by Zorawar and has outlets in Dubai, was awarded the best restaurant in Dubai by Masala UAE.
- In 2016, Zorawar Kalra made his television debut by appearing as one of the hosts in the reality show Masterchef India Season-5. In the reality show, he replaced chef Sanjeev Kapoor as one of the three judges on the reality show. The other two judges were Vikas Khanna and Kunal Kapur.
- Subsequently, in 2022, he participated in the Colors TV reality show Jhalak Dikhla Jaa Season 10.
- In an interview, Zorawar said that his grandmother’s style of cooking home food influenced his father to pursue a career as a restaurateur. He quoted,
My stint started about eight years ago, but my journey of being inculcated into the nuances of Indian cuisine started much earlier in life. My grandfather was in the armed forces, however hailing from a family of foodies and influenced by my grandmother’s style of cooking home food, he got my father interested in pursuing and dwelling deep into the history and geography of Indian cuisine almost four decades back.”
- In an interview, he shared his fondness for cars and videogames and said,
- He is often spotted consuming alcohol on various occasions.