|Profession(s)||Comedian, Gamer, Writer, Musician|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm
in meters- 1.75 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 9”
|Date of Birth||1993|
|Age (as in 2020)||27 Years|
|College/University||• SAE Institute, Mumbai
• University of Mumbai
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Diploma in Sound and Audio Engineering Facebook
• Bachelor of Laws LinkedIn
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian Instagram|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Asit C. Mehta (Founder of Asit C. Mehta Investment Interrmediates Ltd
Mother- Deena Mehta (Managing director of Asit C. Mehta Investment Interrmediates Ltd)
|Siblings||Brother- Aditya Mehta
|Food||Surmai Fry (Malvani Food) and Italian Cuisine|
|Comedian(s)||Jerrod Carmichael, Dave Chappelle, Mitch Hedberg, Mike Birbiglia|
|Film||Bollywood- Dil Chahta Hai
|Song||The Dark Side of the Moon (Pink Floyd)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aakash Mehta
- Aakash Mehta is an Indian stand-up comedian, gamer, writer, and musician. He records various podcasts and has featured in a documentary as well.
- Aakash studied in a Gujarati Medium school until 4th grade. Interestingly, he attended this Gujarati-medium school in Mumbai where the Marathi language is in dominance.
- It was his brother who introduced Aakash to stand-up comedy. His brother gifted him 13 seasons of ‘Comedy Central Presents,’ a series of stand-up comedy.
- Aakash got motivated to try his hand at stand-up comedy when he received a compliment from a ‘pretty girl’ whom he addresses as ‘just friend.’ In an interview, he said,
I knew I occasionally made people crack up with my jokes, but it was only after she complimented me that I started doing more open mics. I then continued because I genuinely fell in love with the art.’
- Motivated by the compliment, he performed stand-up for the first time at Sophia College during a collegiate festival, ‘Kaleidoscope’. It was around 2010 or 2011 that Aakash signed up for an open mic. He said,
I stepped out and walked into this room, the venue of the open mic and I was blown away! It was a room full of exuberant life, of people talking, drinking and laughing. It’s been a love story ever since; I found comedy!
- Initially, he aspired to be a musician and went on to pursue an online songwriting course from Berklee College of music. In an interview, he said,
Music has a strong sense of emotion to it, comedy does not. I’ve personally never felt the need to combine the two.’
- Unlike other comedians who write scripts for their gigs and perform consciously, Aakash never follows a pattern or script. In an interview, he said,
I never have a script in mind. In the last four years I haven’t written down a single joke”
- His career as a stand-up comedian can be assessed through his YouTube channel, ‘KuchbhiMehta’. His earliest upload was on 31 August 2015, a comedy set on ‘New Relationships.’
- In 2018, Aakash Mehta also starred in a documentary ‘Ab Mujhe Funny Banna Hai,’ directed by Sumedh Natu. The documentary is about the hardships a stand-up comedian goes through, when he is off-stage.
- Despite being a stand-up comedian and performing before hundreds of people frequently, Aakash is a victim of social anxiety. As contradictory as it sounds, the comedian has faced this problem ever since he was in junior college. As he walked into his class, he felt threatened and reciprocated to it rudely and arrogantly. As a result, he grew up with limited friends. With time, Aakash has turned his fears into his defence mechanism and he finds it soothing when he is up on stage performing his comedy gigs.
- In 2018, Aakash Mehta, along with his friend, Navin Noronha, started a podcast titled ‘Varta Lab,’ in which they invited their acquaintances and interviewed them. The series of podcast is uploaded on his YouTube channel, ‘KuchBhiMehta.’ Apart from ‘Varta Lab,’ he also recorded other podcasts like ‘Cricket podcast,’ and ‘AMF podcast.’ He also invited his mother, Deena Mehta to record a podcast in ‘Varta Lab,’ who is a businesswoman, a social activist, and was the first woman president of the Bombay Stock Exchange.
- As a gamer, he is a live streamer of games like ‘Grand Theft Auto,’ ‘Ludo,’ and ‘Cricket19.’ He is an active YouTuber and also uploads various vlogs of his random days.
- In 2020, he also starred in an advertisement of the car ‘ ŠKODA RAPID TSI.’
- He has toured most of India, Dubai, UK & USA with his 1000+ stand-up comedy shows & Specials like ‘KuchBhiMehta,’ ‘Half Baked,’ ‘Bear with me,’ and the’ Just Chilling’ tour. He has also written and featured on several YouTube sketch series – ‘Comedy Central,’ ‘The Living Room,’ ‘Random Chikibum,’ ‘Them Boxer Shorts,’ and ‘The Comedy Factory.’