|Full Name||Chaudhary Abhay Singh Chotala|
|Famous For||Being the Son of Om Prakash Chautala|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Political Party||Indian National Lok Dal|
|Political Journey||• He began his political career by contesting the election for the membership of Chautala Village Panchayat.
• In 2000, he was elected in the state assembly elections from Rori Assembly Constituency and won.
• In 2005, he was elected as the President of the Zila Parishad in Sirsa district.
• In 2009, he won the by-election from Ellanabad state assembly constituency.
• In 2014, in the 13th Haryana Legislative Assembly Elections, he was contested as the Leader of Opposition.
|Date of Birth||14 February 1963|
|Age (as in 2018)||55 Years|
|Birthplace||Chautala, Sirsa, Haryana|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Hometown||Chautala, Sirsa, Haryana, India|
|School||S.M. Hindu Senior Secondary School, Sonipat, Haryana|
|College/University||Magadh University, Bodh Gaya, Bihar|
|Caste||Sihag Jat Gotra|
|Address||Residence of Village Chautala, Teh. M. Dabwali, Distt. Sirsa 125101|
|Hobbies||Reading, Social Work, Watching Sports|
|Controversies||• 1 charge related to Punishment of abetment if the act abetted is committed in consequence, and where no express provision is made for its punishment (IPC Section-109)
• 1 charge related to Defamation (IPC Section-499)
• 1 charge related to Punishment for Defamation (IPC Section-500)
• 1 charge related to Printing or engraving matter known to be defamatory (IPC Section-501)
• In 2014, he was forced to resign due to corruption charges on him
|Relationships & More|
• Karan Singh Chautala (Politician)
• Arjun Singh Chautala (Politician)
|Parents||Father- Om Prakash Chautala (Politician)
Mother- Sneh Lata Chautala
• Ajay Singh Chautala
• Suchitra Chautala
• Sunita Chautala
• Anjali Chautala
|Car(s) Collection||• Army Desposal Jeep
• Volvo Car PJB100, Model 2011
• Ford Escort Car 1996
• Tractor Tafe 2008
• Cash- ₹9.5 Lakh
• Deposits in Banks & Non-Banking Companies- ₹5 Crore
• Jewellery- ₹1 Crore Lakh
• LIC or other Insurance Policies- ₹8.5 Lakh
• Bonds, Debentures and Shares in companies- ₹3.5 Crore
• Other assets, such as Values of Claims/Interests- ₹1.5 Crore
• Agricultural Land worth ₹7.70 Crore Lakh
• Non Agricultural Land worth ₹5 Crore
• Residential Buildings worth ₹19 Crore
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹43 Crore (as in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts about Abhay Singh Chautala
- He is the younger son of Om Prakash Chautala, who has been the Chief Minister of Haryana five times.
- He started his political journey as the “Upsarpanch” of the Chautala village panchayat and came into the limelight in 2000 after he gained his seat from Rori Assembly Constituency of Haryana in the state assembly elections.
- He is associated with several organizations for the advancement of sports in Haryana, especially in rural areas.
- He has served as the President of the Indian Olympic Association from 5 December 2012 to 9 February 2014.
- His name was also given as the Life President of the Indian Olympic Association.
- He is the President of the HSBA (Haryana State Boxing Association).
- To empower girls in Sirsa, he has opened a college, “Mata Harki Devi College of Education for Women.” The institute offers fee concession and free boarding and lodging facility to meritorious girls. Also, free transportation is available for girls who come from nearby villages.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡