Husband: Dheeraj Saraswat
Hometown: Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Father: Pandit Bharat Bhushan
|Full name||Acharyaa Pratishtha Sharma LinkedIn- Acharyaa Pratishtha Sharma|
|Profession(s)||Yoga Guru, Kathak Dancer, Author, Ex-Diplomat|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Worked as Director of world’s largest Indian Culture Centre of Government of India
• Designated as yoga/kathak guru cum performer at Embassy of India, Johannesburg, and Jakarta
• Youngest Yogacharyaa & Mind Therapist by World Yoga Organisation & Zee Network in 2007
• Celebrity Judge at International Pageant “Miss India Indonesia”
• “Tejaswini Samman” Top 100 Women of India
• Recognition by Doordarshan: Award by Hon. Vice President of India
• “Queen of Kathak Yoga” an International Honor by Pulian International, China
• ‘Ayurveda Samman” by Association of Ayurvedic Physicians, Mauritius
• “Kathak Samragyi”- Kala Sangam Academy of Music & Dance
• “Dainik Jagran Sashakt Mahila Samman”- Dainik Jagran
• Scholarship from Kathak Kendra, New Delhi for the entire training period of 5 Years
• National Scholarship from Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India
|Date of Birth||1 December|
|Birthplace||Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|Hometown||Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||She studied at a convent school.|
|College/University||• Delhi University
• Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya, Khairagarh, Chhattisgarh
• Kathak Kendra, New Delhi
• Bhatkhande Music Institute, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, Prabhakar from Prayag Sangit Samiti, Allahabad
|Educational Qualification(s)||• BA Honours in English, Yoga & Kathak at Delhi University (2001-2003)
• MA from Indira Kala Sangit Vishwavidyalaya, Khairagarh, Chhattisgarh
• Diploma in Kathak from Kathak Kendra, New Delhi
• Visharad from Bhatkhande Music Institute, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, Prabhakar from Prayag Sangit Samiti, Allahabad
LinkedIn- Acharyaa Pratishtha Sharma Acharyaa Pratishtha's Official Website
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Pandit Bharat Bhushan (Padma Shri Yoga guru)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Grandparents||Grandfather- Pandit Bishambar Singh (National Awardee educationist)|
|Children||Daughter- Devi Pratyakshaa Sharma
|Siblings||Brother- Divy Nidhi Sharma (elder)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Acharya Pratishtha
- Acharya Pratishtha is an Indian author, ex-diplomat, Yoga Kuru, and Kathak dancer.
- She started learning Kathak when she was only 3 years old.
- Later, she learnt Kathak from the National Institute of Kathak, New Delhi and won a gold medal in it.
- She has motivated the budding Kathak dancers through the Indian classical dance show “Nritya Naad.” The show was aired on the Zee network channels thrice a day.
- Various books, CDs, magazines, and articles have been published on her achievements and work to promote the Indian culture.
- Through her Kathak dance shows, she has helped in promoting awareness among people related to various social issues such as female foeticide, women liberation, child labour & education, and dowry.
- In 2001, she founded Mokshayatan Dance Foundation which provides a platform to the budding Kathak dancers.
- She is also the founder principal of ‘Bharat College of Performing Arts’ an Indian classical dance, music, & yoga institute located in Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- Acharya Pratishtha has performed in various Indian classical dance shows at the national and international levels. She is well versed in various Kathak moves such as ‘laya,’ ‘footwork,’ ‘chakkar,’ and ‘Bhaava.’
- She has worked as a Kathak guru for various students in Indian and various other countries.
- She has promoted Indian classical dance form in Johannesburg and Jakarta after she was selected by the ICCR, Ministry of External Affairs.
- Acharya Pratishtha did her training in Kathak under various renowned Kathak gurus like Guru Rajendra Gangani (Jaipur Gharana), Guru Jaikishan Maharaj, Guru Geetanjali Lal, and Ms Aditi Mangaldas.
- Her Kathak dance shows have been aired on Doordarshan. She is also associated with an initiative to support the budding artists in India named Spic Macay and IRCEN.
- Apart from Kathak, she has been practising Yoga since her childhood. In her childhood, she learnt Yoga from her father Pandit Bharat Bhushan, a Padma Shri Yoga guru.
- She used to perform Yoga at various camps, seminars, and tours along with her father.
- She has trained in Yoga under the Yoga guru Shankar Apte for almost six years along with her Kathak training.
- She started working as a Yoga consultant at the age of 20.
- She was launched as the Youngest Yogacharyaa and Mind Therapist by Zee Network and World Yoga Organisation on 2 October 2007.
- Her Yoga show “Jago Bharat Dhyan Yog Andolan” has been telecasted on Zee Jagran. Apart from this, her other Yoga shows are aired on various channels such as ETV, India TV, Total TV, and Doordarshan.
- She was roped in to perform Yoga in the film ad made by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India. She made a Yoga presentation for the Ministry 0f Health, Govt. of India in 2006, 2008, and 2009.
- She has organised various Yoga camps and events for the police force, students, and corporates in India and various other countries such as Japan, South Africa, Mauritius, and China.
- Acharya Pratishtha was appointed as the Yoga consultant at Amatrra Health Spa, Ashoka Hotel, and Mokshayatan International.
- Apart from being a proficient Kathak dancer and Yoga guru, she has also authored a few books on Kathak and Yoga. At the of 25, her first book “DIABETES, WHY Die–a-bit-ease?” was published.
- On 26 January 2014, her book “Essential Elements of Kathak” was published by the Embassy of India, Jakarta and the Indian Council for Cultural Relations. One of her books on ‘Yoga for Healthy Life’ was published and released by the Minister of Ayush Shripad Naik in 2016.
- She has also penned down the articles for various magazines such as Sakhi Magazine of Jagran Group, India & Tathastu Magazine of USA.
- Acharya Pratishtha has a deep faith in God and has a deep love for Lord Krishna.
- She loves animals and often visits nearby gaushalas (cowsheds).
View this post on Instagram