Some Lesser Known Facts About Baba Ramdev
- Does Baba Ramdev smoke?: No
- Does Baba Ramdev drink alcohol?: No
- Ramdev attended school till 8th standard, after which he joined a gurukul where he learnt Sanskrit and Yoga.
- He met Acharya Balkrishna in the 1990s, at Tripura Yoga Ashram, Kankhal, Haridwar. Later, they both went together to study in the Himalayas, where Ramdev focused on yoga and Balakrishna on ayurveda.
- After becoming a Sanyasi (a Hindu religious mendicant) and changed his name to Baba Ramdev and started teaching yoga.
- He has done a deep study of Hindu scriptures and even taught them in different gurukuls in Haridwar.
- He suffered a paralytic attack during his childhood due to the adverse effect of a medical incident that seriously affected the left side of his body, leaving him paralyzed. He credits yoga for his miraculous recovery from it.
- In 1996, he established Divya Yog Mandir Trust along with Acharya Karamveer.
- In 2003, he started featuring on Aastha TV’s morning yoga slot.
- The Pranayama programme he teach consists of 7 key breathing exercises (in sequence): Bhastrika Pranayam, Kapal Bhati Pranayam, Bahaya Pranayam, Anulom Vilom Pranayama, Bhramri Pranayam, Udgeeth Pranayam, and Pranab Dwani.
- He considers Bismil and Subash Chandra Bose as his inspirations.
- In 2006, he established “Patanjali Yogpeeth” in Haridwar, Uttarakhand, which is considered as world’s biggest center for Ayurveda and Yoga, with a capacity of around 6000 people.
- The name of his business enterprise was taken from the name of Maharishi Patanjali, the father of yoga.
- He is a workaholic as he wakes up at 3’o clock in the morning and works around works 18 to 20 hours a day.
- He doesn’t eat any grain and only eats boiled vegetables, fruits, and cow milk.
- He has been honoured with Doctorate degrees from 4 universities across India.
- He does not possess any stake in Patanjali Ayurveda Ltd., instead, Acharya Balkrishna holds a 94% stake in Patanjali Ayurved, but Balkrishna doesn’t take any salary. Rest 8% is given to Sarwan and Sunita Poddar, a Scotland-based NRI as they gave Balkrishna the first loan to start the business.
- Ramdev’s brother Ram Bharat, brother-in-law Jasdev Shastri, Swami Muktanand, a disciple of Swami Shankar Dev, are the 4 people that form the core of Ramdev’s management.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡