Death Cause: Heart Attack
Age: 83 Years
Death Date: 17/01/2022
|Full Name||Pandit Brijmohan Mishra|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Hair Colour||Salt and Pepper (Semi Bald)|
|Date of Birth||4 February 1938|
|Birth Place||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Date of Death||17 January 2022|
|Place of Death||Delhi, India|
|Death Cause||Heart Attack NDTV|
|Age (at the time of death)||83 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|College/University||Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
Khairagarh University, Khairagarh
|Educational Qualifications||Doctorate Degrees in Classical Dancing & Singing|
|Family||Father- Acchan Maharaj
Mother- Amma Ji Maharaj
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known (Deceased)|
|Children||Sons- Jaikishan Maharaj, Deepak Maharaj
Daughters- Kavita Maharaj, Anita Maharaj, Mamta Maharaj
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pandit Birju Maharaj
- Pt. Birju Maharaj was the proponent of the ‘Lucknow Kalka-Bindadin’ gharana of Kathak dance in India.
- He was the descendant of the legendary Kathak dancers, including his two uncles, Shambhu Maharaj and Lachhu Maharaj, and his father and guru, Acchan Maharaj.
- He gave his first recital at the age of seven.
- He was trained by his uncles and his father.
- His father died when he was nine and after a few years of struggle, his family moved to Delhi.
- He then started teaching Kathak at the young age of 13, at Sangeet Bharti in New Delhi.
- He composed the music, and sang, for two dance sequences in the Satyajit Ray’s Shatranj ke Khilari.
- He choreographed the song ‘Kaahe Chhed Mohe’ from the film- Devdas, ‘Deewani’ song from Bajirao Mastani, Dedh Ishqiya, Umrao Jaan and many more Bollywood songs.
- He won many accolades, including Padma Vibhushan in 1986, Sangeet Natak Akademi Award and the Kalidas Samman.
- While talking to the reporters, his granddaughter confirmed the news of his demise on 16 January 2022. She said,
He was under treatment for the past month. He had sudden breathlessness at around 12:15-12:30 am last night; we brought him to the hospital within 10 mins, but he passed away.”