|Full Name||Pandit Brijmohan Mishra|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Hair Colour||Salt and Pepper (Semi Bald)|
|Date of Birth||4 February 1938|
|Age (as in 2017)||79 Years|
|Birth Place||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|College/University||Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
Khairagarh University, Khairagarh
|Educational Qualifications||Doctorate Degrees in Classical Dancing & Singing|
|Family||Father- Acchan Maharaj
Mother- Amma Ji Maharaj
Brother- Not Known
Sister- Not Known
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Name Not Known (Deceased)|
|Children||Sons- Jaikishan Maharaj, Deepak Maharaj
Daughters- Kavita Maharaj, Anita Maharaj, Mamta Maharaj
Some Lesser Known Facts About Pandit Birju Maharaj
- Pt. Birju Maharaj is the proponent of the ‘Lucknow Kalka-Bindadin’ gharana of Kathak dance in India.
- He is the descendant of the legendary Kathak dancers, including his two uncles, Shambhu Maharaj and Lachhu Maharaj, and his father and guru, Acchan Maharaj.
- He gave his first recital at the age of seven.
- He was trained by his uncles and his father.
- His father died when he was nine and after few years of struggle, his family moved to Delhi.
- He then started teaching Kathak at the young age of 13, at Sangeet Bharti in New Delhi.
- He composed the music, and sang, for two dance sequences in the Satyajit Ray’s Shatranj ke Khilari.
- He choreographed the song ‘Kaahe Chhed Mohe’ from the film- Devdas, ‘Deewani’ song from Bajirao Mastani, Dedh Ishqiya, Umrao Jaan and many more Bollywood songs.
- He has also won many accolades, including Padma Vibhushan in 1986, Sangeet Natak Akademi Award and the Kalidas Samman.
📢⚡TRENDING: Watch the biography of REAL "Gully Boy" - Naezy⚡