Ahmad Ali Butt Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Debut||Malayalam Film: Best Actor (2010) as Comedy
TV: Dulha Mil Gaya (2016) as Imran Ahmed
|Awards||• In 2006, he won the Lux Style Award for Best Music Video.
• In 2016, he won the ARY Film Award.
• In 2016, he won the HUM Awards for Best Actor in a comic role.
• In 2018, he won the Hum TV Awards for Best Actor.
• In 2020, he won the ARY Film Award for Best Actor.
• In 2022, Ahmad won the Pakistan International Screen Awards for best supporting actor.
|Date of Birth||20 October 1976 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||45 Years|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Trying fast food|
|Tattoo(s)||He has tattoos on both his hands.
|Controversy||In 2021, Ahmad attracted controversy when singer Ali Azmat passed controversial statements on Ahmad's grandmother, Noor Jehan in an interview. Replying to Ali Azmat, Ahmad talked about this and said,
"I don’t hold it against him because he is an artist also and very well knows that respect comes when you give respect, otherwise your just putting yourself in a position where people will disgrace your own legacy. As for The Melody Queen Noor Jehan… “gai ge duneya geet mayray." Bol News
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||11 November 2011
|Parents||Father- Aqeel Butt (jeweler)
Mother- Zil-e-Huma (singer)
• Mohammad Ali Butt (photographer)
• Mustafa Ali Butt (chef)
• Hamza Ali Butt (visual artist)
|Other Relatives||Maternal Grandfather- Shaukat Hussain Rizvi (film director)
Maternal Grandmother- Noor Jehan (singer)
|Bike Collection||He owns a ninja bike.
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ahmad Ali Butt
- Ahmad Ali Butt is a Pakistani actor and singer, who is known for being a part of the rock band ‘Entity Paradigm.’
- Ahmad was born in a Punjabi family from Kashmir. The Express Tribune
- In an interview, he revealed that while studying in school, he used to take part in plays and mimic his teachers.
- When he started his music career in the 1990s, he was a vocalist in the band ‘Band Entity.’ Later, he merged his band with actor Fawad Khan‘s band, ‘Paradigm band.’ After the merge, they named it as ‘Entity Paradigm.’ In 2007, due to some reasons, both the bands got separated, and Ahmad made his own band and named it ‘Rubber Band.’ However, he did not get much recognition with the band due to which he had to merge with the ‘Paradigm band’ again in 2009. In 2010, the band appeared in Coke Studio (Pakistani season 3).
- He has featured in various Pakistani sitcoms that include Jutt and Bond (2001), Rubber Band (2005), Inspector Khoji (2006), and Mr Shamim (2014).
- He has appeared in Pakistani films that include 3 Bahadur (2015), Jawani Phir Nahi Ani (2015), 3 Bahadur: The Revenge of Baba Balaam (2016), Punjab Nahi Jaungi (2017), and Parey Hut Love (2019).
- He is often spotted smoking on various occasions. In an interview, he talked about his habit of smoking and said,
My wife hates that I smoke but she takes consolation in the fact that it’s the only bad habit I have.”
- He has done a lot of comedy films and shows throughout his career. In an interview, he talked about the respect a comedian should get. In an interview, he said,
Comedians need to be given due importance or the profession will simply die. They are often the highlight of a movie, a sitcom or a show and yet, they are relegated to the background when it is time to give out awards. There was a show where a client wanted me to enter while dancing the bhangra to a dhol beat. I refused to be part of it. I cannot allow my years of hard work to be disrespected like that.”
- In 2019, Ahmad filed a court case against his late uncle Asghar Hussain Rizvi for not giving him the share of the property Shahnoor Studio that was set up by Ahmad’s grandmother, Noor Jehan. The Express Tribune
- In 2020, Ahmad posted a story on Instagram in which he talked about the #MeraJismMeriMarzi campaign. After he commented on the campaign in an Instagram post, a media house took to Instagram and asked Ahmad to get complete and correct information about the campaign. The media house also taunted Ahmad by saying that someone who was a part of the movie ‘Jawani Phir Nahi Ani’ should not be commenting on such a campaign. Daily Times Ahmad expressed his anger in another Instagram story and said,
A newspaper which is supposed to be unbiased and neutral, holding me accountable for my films, hence I can’t have an opinion on any matter. This proves how one-sided and PAID your every view and post is. Hahaha so carry on with your agenda we all know you got bills to pay.”
- In 2021, Ahmad took to Instagram to express his disappointment with the production houses that cast Indian actors to play the role of a Pakistani character in films or television series. He gave the example of the Netflix series ‘Squid Game’ that featured Anupam Tripathi as a Pakistani character, Ali Abdul, in the series.
- After he won the Pakistan International Screen Awards for best supporting actor in 2022, actor Ali Abbas revealed that the organizers had told him that the award would be given to him, but it was given to Ahmad Ali Butt.
- In an interview, Ahmad talked about body shaming in the entertainment industry and said,
If a man is short, tall, or fat, he can only get certain kind of roles, and we’re bound to be okay with that because we’re in the showbusiness. What we show becomes our business. In our industry, more than body shamming, there is colour shamming. Everyone is obsessed with the gora rung. And sadly that’s the way things will remain.”
- He is often featured in various newspapers.
|↑2||The Express Tribune|
|↑3||The Express Tribune|