Marital Status: Unmarried
Hometown: Bharatpur, Rajasthan
Age: 19 Years
|Full Name||Akash Maharaj Singh ESPN|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|International Debut||Yet to make|
|Domestic & Franchise Cricket Team(s)||• Rajasthan (state team)
• Rajasthan Royals (IPL)
|Bowling Style||Left-arm fast-medium|
|Date of Birth||26 April 2002 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||19 Years|
|Birthplace||Nagla Ram Ratan village, Bharatpur, Rajasthan|
|Hometown||Nagla Ram Ratan village, Bharatpur, Rajasthan|
|School||Shardul Sports School, Bikaner|
|Controversy||As soon as the final match of the 2020 Under-19 Cricket World Cup ended, a few players from both the teams (India and Bangladesh) got involved in a physical fight. After video footages of the ugly on-field scuffle were scrutinized by an ICC investigation committee, two Indian players (Akash Singh and Ravi Bishnoi) and three Bangladeshi players were sanctioned by the ICC for being found guilty of a Level 3 breach of the ICC Code of Conduct. The Quint|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Name not known (farmer)
Mother- Name not known (homemaker)
|Siblings||Brother- Lakhan Singh
Some Lesser Known Facts About Akash Singh
- Akash Singh is a fiery left-arm fast bowler hailing from Rajasthan, India. He gained popularity after featuring in the ICC U-19 Cricket World Cup 2020. His fierce pace and the ability to bowl sharp in-swingers separates him from other young bowlers.
- Akash Singh was introduced to cricket by his elder brother, Lakhan, who has played cricket till district level. Akash developed a passion for cricket at a tender age and took up the sport professionally at the age of 10 by getting enrolled at Shardul Sports School in Bikaner. While receiving cricket training at the academy, Vivek Yadav, a coach at Jaipur’s Aravali Cricket Club and former Rajasthan Ranji Trophy cricketer, spotted him and suggested that he should move to Jaipur and train under him in his academy. In 2014, Akash moved to Jaipur, and since then, he has been training under Vivek Yadav.
- In November 2017, Akash Singh attained an incredible feat by picking all the 10 wickets while bowling in a local T20 match held in Jaipur. The then fifteen-year-old Akash achieved the feat without giving away a single run. The seemingly impossible figures bought him to the limelight, and his career began to take off.
- In September 2019, Akash Singh represented the India under-19 cricket team in three matches for the 2019 ACC Under-19 Asia Cup. His three wickets in the final match helped India in clinching the trophy.
- Akash was also a part of India’s powerful bowling attack in the 2020 under-19 Cricket World Cup, where they finished runners-up. Akash made an impression in the world cup as a bowler who can be a future star for the Indian national cricket team. He snapped up seven wickets in six matches at an economy of only 3.81.
- Considering his extraordinary performances in domestic cricket circuit and in ICC tournaments, Rajasthan Royals bought him at his base price of Rs. 20 lakh in the players’ auctions ahead of the IPL 2020. Although he did not play any matches in the entire tournament, he gained experience by training under legendary fast bowlers and coaches of the RR squad.
- Akash Singh, a fitness enthusiast, is really conscious about his health and fitness. He revealed in an interview that he has never consumed fast food. Dainik Bhaskar