|Real Name||Mulayam Singh Yadav|
|Political Journey||• In 1967, he was elected Member of Legislative Assembly of Uttar Pradesh.
• In 1977, he became a State Minister for the 1st time.
• He became President of Lok Dal in 1980.
• He held the post of Leader of Opposition in the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council from 1982 to 1985.
• In 1989, he became the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh for the 1st time.
• In 1990, he joined Chandra Shekhar's party Janata Dal (Socialist).
• In 1992, he founded Samajwadi Party (Socialist).
• In 1993, he became Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh for the 2nd time.
• In 1996, he was elected to the 11th Lok Sabha from Mainpuri.
• In 1999, he became India's Defence Minister in the United Front Coalition Government.
• In 1998, he was elected again to the Lok Sabha.
• He contested from two seats- Sambhal & Kannauj in the 1999 Lok Sabha Elections and won both the seats.
• In September 2003, he became Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh for the 3rd time.
• In 2004, he won Gunnaur assembly seat in a by election with a victory margin of 183,899, which is a record so-far.
• In 2004, he won Lok Sabha election from Mainpuri.
• In 2014, he contested 16th Lok Sabha from 2 seats- Azamgarh & Mainpuri and won both the seats.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 161 cm
in meters- 1.61 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 3”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 75 kg
in Pounds- 165 lbs
|Date of Birth||22 November 1939|
|Age (as in 2016)||77 Years|
|Birth Place||Saifai, Etawah district, Uttar Pradesh|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Etawah, Uttar Pradesh|
|College||K.K. College, Etawah, Uttar Pradesh
A.K. College, Shikohabad, Uttar Pradesh
B.R. College, Agra University, Agra, Uttar Pradesh
|Educational Qualifications||M.A. (Political Science)|
|Debut||In 1967, when he was elected Member of Legislative Assembly of Uttar Pradesh.|
|Family||Father- Late Sughar Singh
Mother- Murti Devi
Brother- Shiv Pal Singh Yadav
Ram Gopal Yadav
Abhay Ram Singh Yadav, Rajpal Singh Yadav, Ratan Singh Yadav
Sister- Kamla Devi Yadav
26001, Uttar Pradesh
|Hobbies||Wrestling, Reading, Listening to Music, Watching Folk-Dances|
|Controversies||• Following the 2012 Delhi Gang Rape incident, he delivered a controversial statement in which he said- "Boys will be boys. Boys commit mistakes".
• In another rape case, he again delivered a controversial statement to which UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon responded- "We say no to the dismissive, destructive attitude of, 'Boys will be boys."
• In 2014, he was criticized for organizing a festive program following riots in Muzaffarnagar district of Uttar Pradesh.
• In 2015, Judicial Magistrate of Kulpahar court in Uttar Pradesh summonsed him for his remark in which he said that gang-rapes are impractical.
|Favourite Politician||Ram Manohar Lohia|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife||Malti Devi, Former wife (married ?-2003)
Sadhana Gupta (Present)
|Children||Sons- Akhilesh Yadav (Politician)
Prateek Yadav (Businessman)
|Net Worth (approx.)||16 crore INR (as in 2014)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Does Mulayam Singh Yadav smoke?: Not Known
- Does Mulayam Singh Yadav drink alcohol?: Not Known
- He was born in Saifai Village of Etawah district in Uttar Pradesh.
- Before coming into the politics, he worked as a teacher.
- Mulayam Singh is a trained wrestler.
- He has several degrees- a B.A. Degree, B.T. and M.A. Degree in Political Science.
- He was influenced and inspired by the socialist ideology and thoughts of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia.
- He joined politics after coming into close contacts with Karpoori Thakur, Sarvashri Madhu Limaye, Raj Narayan, Ram Sewak Yadav and Janeshwar Mishra.
- He has been jailed 9 times so-far.
- He was the Student Union Leader at the K.K. College, Etawah.
- At a very early age, he rose to high political ranks.
- He founded Samajwadi Party on 4 October 1992.
- He has close relations with some of the famous Bollywood personalities including Amitabh Bachchan, Sanjay Dutt, Jaya Prada, etc. He also made Amitabh Bachchan the Brand Ambassador of Uttar Pradesh during his regime.
- He served as the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh 3 times- (1989-1991, 1993-1995 and 2003-2007).
- Mulayam Singh Yadav holds the record of winning almost all the elections he has contested so-far.
- In 2012, his biography- The Socialist: The Definitive Biography of Mulayam Sing Yadav by Frank Huzur was published.
📢⚡TRENDING: Goa CM, Manohar Parrikar passes away, Read his Biography