Wife: Maria Aurora
Age: 66 Years
Hometown: Goa, Portuguese India
|Full name||Aleixo A. Sequeira Aleixo Sequerira's Twitter Handle|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm
in meters- 1.72 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Hair Colour||Salt and Pepper|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (2022–present)
|Other Political Affiliation||Indian National Congress (till September 2022)|
|Date of Birth||10 April 1957 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as of 2023)||66 Years|
|Hometown||Goa, Portuguese India, Portuguese Empire (now in India)|
|College/University||Shree Damodar College of Commerce and Economics, Bombay University|
|Educational Qualification My Neta||Graduation in Bachelor of Commerce from Shree Damodar College of Commerce and Economics, Bombay University (1979)|
|Address||H. No. 446/1, Raicho Ambo, Raia, Goa, India (403720)|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||Maria Aurora Genoveva Linette Pinto e Sequeira (retired teacher)
|Children||He has two daughters.|
|Parents||Father- Eusebio Antonio de Piedade Sequeira (owner of a pharmaceutical and a newspaper company)
Mother- Ermelinda Figueiredo e Sequeira (teacher)
• Cash: Rs. 3,75,800
• Deposits in Banks: Rs. 2,525,134
• Bonds, Debentures and Shares: Rs. 19,314,343
• NSS, Postal Savings: Rs. 1,49,769
• LIC or other insurance Policies: Rs. 592,430
• Personal loans/advance given: Rs. 38,831,794
• Motor Vehicles: Rs. 1,335,552
• Jewellery: Rs. 55,38,685 My Neta
• Agricultural Land: Rs. 25,771,017
• Non Agricultural Land: Rs. 19,941,098
• Residential Buildings: Rs. 29,78,886 My Neta
|Net Worth (approx.) My Neta||In 2023, his net worth was approximately calculated at Rs. 60,322,902.|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aleixo Sequeira
- Aleixo Sequeira is an Indian politician and businessperson. He is a member of the Goa Legislative Assembly and represents the Nuvem Assembly constituency as a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- His father migrated from India to Africa and then to Mombasa, Kenya, in his young days. In 1973, his father, along with his wife, returned to India and started working as a chemist in Goa.
- In 1974, Aleixo Sequeira joined the Indian Youth Congress and held various positions. He then became a member of the Indian National Congress.
- In the late 90s, Aleixo Sequeira contested the Goa Legislative Assembly elections from the Nuvem constituency and won. He then served as the deputy speaker in the Third Legislative Assembly of Goa from 28 July 1999 to 19 November 1999. He also served as the cabinet minister in the Goa Legislative Assembly from 8 July 1999 to 19 November 1999.
- From 24 November 1999 to 24 October 2000, Aleixo Sequeira served as the cabinet minister in the Goa Legislative Assembly and held portfolios of Industries, Information and Technology, Official Language, and Public Grievances.
- From 11 June 2007 to 15 June 2007, Aleixo Sequeira served as the pro-term speaker at the Fifth Legislative Assembly of Goa.
- In 2022, he contested the Goa Legislative Assembly elections from the Nuvem constituency on the ticket of the Indian National Congress and won. He defeated Arvind D’Costa, a Revolutionary Goans Party contestant, by a margin of 4397 votes.
- On 14 September 2022, Aleixo Sequeira, along with former chief minister Digambar Kamat, Michael Lobo, Delilah Lobo, Kedar Naik, Sankalp Amonkar, Rajesh Faldesai, and Rudolf Fernandes joined the BJP government in Goa.
- On 19 November 2023, Aleixo Sequeira was sworn in as a minister in the BJP-led government in Goa after PWD Minister Nilesh Cabral resigned.