Age: 29 Years
Caste: Chandraseniya Kayastha Prabhu (CKP)
|Full Name||Aaditya Rashmi Uddhav Thackeray Mumbai Mirror|
|Famous For||Being the President of the Yuva Sena (Youth wing of the Shiv Sena)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Political Party||Shiv Sena
|Political Journey||• Aditya joined the Shiv Sena in 2010.
• He founded the Yuva Sena (Youth wing of the Shiv Sena) on 17th October 2010, and Bal Thackeray appointed Aditya as its President.
• He established Yuva Sena units in Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Kerala, Bihar and Jammu and Kashmir.
• In 2018, Aaditya was named as a Leader of the Shiv Sena and a member of the National Executive Body.
• In October 2019, he made his electoral debut by contesting in the Maharashtra Assembly Elections from Mumbai's Worli Constituency.
• On 24 October 2019, Aditya Thackeray won from Mumbai's Worli Constituency by 67,427 votes.
• On 30 December 2019, he was sworn in as a Cabinet Minister in the Maharashtra Government.
|Date of Birth||13 June 1990 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||29 Years|
|School||Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai|
|College/University||• St. Xaviers College, Mumbai
• KC Law College, Mumbai
|Educational Qualification||• Bachelor of Arts from St. Xavier's College, Mumbai
• Bachelor of Laws from the KC Law College of Mumbai
|Caste||Chandraseniya Kayastha Prabhu (CKP) ForbesIndia|
|Address||Matoshree, Kalanagar Locality, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Writing and Reading Poems, Travelling, Playing Cricket|
|Controversies||• In October 2010, Aditya protested outside Mumbai University and demanded to ban a book by Rohinton Mistry, included in the syllabus of the university. Aditya stated that Mistry's book, Such a Long Journal, contained insulting language towards the Indian culture. He also stated that he was not against banning the book completely, but only wanted to get it removed from the university, as the students should not be forced to read such a book.
• On 12 October 2015, the Shiv Sena smeared ink on scholar Sudheendra Kulkarni's face before a book launch event by former Pakistan minister, Khurshid Kasuri. Various journalists condemned this act by the Shiv Sena and stated that the attack on Kulkarni was unjustified. Later, Aditya defended the ink attack by stating that it was a non-violent, democratic, and historic attack, and it was a well-deserved attack on someone who supported anti-national elements.
• During the campaigning of the 2014 Maharashtra Assembly elections, in the editorial of 'Saamna' magazine, Aditya stated that the Gujaratis and other non-Marathi businessmen had extracted a lot from Mumbai, and they use Mumbai like an "attractive prostitute" to construct their Dwarkas (Cities of gold). Later, Aditya apologized for his statement.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Sanskruti Patel (Businesswoman)
|Parents||Father- Uddhav Thackeray (Politician)
Mother- Rashmi Thackeray (Businesswoman)
|Siblings||Brother- Tejas Thackeray (Wildlife Researcher)
|Car Collection||BMW 330i GT (2018 Model)
|Assets/Properties (as in 2019)||• Cash: 13,344 INR
• Bank Deposits: 10.36 crores INR
• Jewellery: worth 64.65 lacs INR
• Agricultural Land: 5 lands worth 77.66 lacs INR
• Commercial Building: 2 shops worth 3.89 crores INR
|Net Worth (approx.)||16.05 crores INR (as in 2019)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Aditya Thackeray
- Aditya Thackeray is the son of Uddhav Thackeray, and the grandson of Bal Thackeray, the founder of Shiv Sena.
- Aditya Thackeray is the youth icon of the Shiv Sena. He also heads the Yuva Sena (youth wing of the Shiv Sena).
- Aditya is fond of writing poems; his first collection of poems, ‘My Thoughts in White and Black’, was published in 2007.
- In 2008, he became a lyricist and released a private album, Ummeed. There were eight songs in the album and famous singers such as Shankar Mahadevan, Kailash Kher, Suresh Wadkar, and Sunidhi Chauhan lend their voice for the album. Aditya’s grandfather, Bal Thackeray, ensured that the inauguration was done at the hands of Amitabh Bachchan.
- Aditya constantly stays in the headlines for his controversial statements in defence of Shiv Sena.
- In 2016, he sent a proposal to the Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, to allow restaurants and bars to remain open all night as opposed to the current deadline of 1:30 AM.
- In 2019, the Shiv Sena announced that Aditya will be making his electoral debut by contesting the 2019 Maharashtra Assembly Elections. It was the first time that any member of the Thackeray family was contesting an election.
- When Aditya filed his nomination papers, he was accompanied by his father, Uddhav Thackeray and his mother, Rashmi Thackeray.
- On 24 October 2019, he became the first member of the Thackeray family to contest and win an election. He won against NCP’s Suresh Mane by a margin of 67, 427 votes.
- On 30 December 2019, after being sworn in as a Cabinet Minister in the Maharashtra Government, the 29-year-old legislator from Worli in Mumbai, became the youngest Cabinet rank minister in the Maharashtra Vikas Aghadi government led by his father Uddhav Thackeray. Mumbai Mirror
References/Sources: [ + ]