|Full name||Amol Ramsing Kolhe
|Known for||Portraying Nathuram Godse in the 2022 movie “Why I Killed Gandhi”|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 167 cm
in meters- 1.67 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Debut||Serial- Chhatrapati Shivaji (2008)
Marathi Film- Mee Amruta Boltey (2008)
|Political Party||Nationalist Congress Party
|Political Journey||• 2019: Nationalist Congress Party
• 2014-2019: Shiv Sena
|Positions Held||• 13 September 2019 to 13 September 2020: Member of Standing Committee on Agriculture
• 9 October 2019: Member of Committee on Papers Laid on the Table
• 13 September 2020: Member of Standing Committee on Health and Family Welfare and Member of Consultative Committee, Ministry of Culture and Tourism
|Date of Birth||18 September 1980 (Thursday)
|Age (as of 2021)||41 Years|
|Birthplace||Narayangaon, Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Narayangaon, Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Apte School in Pune|
|College/University||King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• He completed his school education at Apte School in Pune.
• Later, he did MBBS at King Edward Memorial Hospital and Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College, Mumbai. The Hindu
|Address||Jijai Bungalow, Kolhe Mala, At. Narayangaon, Kolhe Mala, Tal. Junnar, Distt.-Pune-410504, Maharashtra.|
|Hobbies||Work out and Reading Books|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||6 December 2007
|Wife/Spouse||Ashvini Amol Kolhe (a doctor employed at KEM Hospital, Mumbai)
|Children||Daughter- Aadya Kolhe
Son- Rudra Kolhe
|Parents||Father- Ramsing Bhaguji Kolhe
|Siblings||He has an elder brother.
|Net Worth (approx.) as of 2019||Movable Assets
Cash: Rs. 2,95,300
Deposits in Banks: Rs. 52,98,545
Bonds, Debentures and Shares: Rs. 4,26,188
LIC or other insurance Policies: Rs. 42,20,000
Personal loans/advance: Rs. 52,15,000
Motor Vehicles: Rs. 24,81,280
Jewellery: Rs. 10,43,465 My Neta
Agricultural Land: Rs. 66,53,923
Residential Buildings: Rs. 1,77,17,820 My Neta
Loans from Banks: Rs. 14,88,116 My Neta
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amol Kolhe
- Amol Kolhe is an Indian actor who turned into a politician in 2019 when he was elected as a Member of Parliament in the Lok Sabha from the Shirur constituency of Maharashtra on the ticket of the Nationalist Congress Party.
- Amol Kolhe is best known for portraying Chhatrapati Shivaji in the Marathi television show Raja Shivchatrapati, which was telecasted on Star Pravah in 2008. In 2017, he was cast in the show Chhatrapati Sambhaji on Marathi TV. In the same year, he was featured in the Marathi television series titled Swarajyarakshak Sambhaji telecasted on Zee Marathi. He then appeared in the show titled Swarajya Janani Jijamata in 2019 on the Sony Marathi.
- In 2008, Amol Kolhe made his Bollywood debut with the Marathi film Mee Amruta Boltey. In 2011, he appeared in the film Rajmata Jijau. In 2014, Amol Kolhe was cast in the movie Rama Madhav, and in 2019, Amol Kolhe was the lead hero of the movie Bola Alak Niranjan.
- Amol Kolhe used to participate in various singing competitions during his school days.
- In 2014, during the general elections of India, Amol Kolhe was the star campaigner for the Shiv Sena. However, in 2019, he joined the Nationalist Congress Party. Amol Kolhe was elected as a Member of Parliament from the Shirur constituency of Maharashtra on the ticket of the Nationalist Congress Party by defeating his opponent of the Shiv Sena Party, Shivajirao Adhalarao Patil, with a great margin of votes.
- In 2017, his daughter Aadya Kolhe worked as a child artist in the serial Chhatrapati Sambhaji.
- On 13 September 2019, Amol Kolhe was appointed a member of the Standing Committee on Agriculture. On 9 October 2019, he was given the additional charge as a Member of the Committee on Papers Laid on the Table. On 13 September 2020, Amol Kolhe was appointed as a Member of the Standing Committee on Health and Family Welfare Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
- In his leisure time, Amol Kolhe adores playing cricket and kabaddi.
- Amol Kolhe remains very active on social media. He is followed by more than 784k people on Instagram. On Facebook, he is followed by more than 380k followers.
- In one of the media conferences, Amol Kolhe stated that his caste was Chhatrapati Mawla. News18 He said,
Don’t ask what my caste is. My caste is ‘Chhatrapati’s Mawla’.”
- Amol Kolhe is often featured on the cover of renowned Indian magazines and tabloids as a successful actor and politician.
- In January 2022, Amol Kolhe’s name was floating in the news for portraying Nathuram Godse in the movie “Why I Killed Gandhi” for which he received a lot of criticism. In a conversation with a media house, he clarified that he started working for the movie in 2017, and due to some reasons, the movie did not release, and by that time, he had not joined. Hindustan Times He remarked,
I worked in this movie in 2017. Due to various reasons, the release was delayed. When I played this role, I was not in active politics. I never supported nor will support Godse’s ideology in my personal life. As an actor, I just perform.”Amol Kolhe playing Godse’s role in the film was condemned by the NCP leader and minister Jitendra Awhad and Congress’ state unit president Nana Patole soon after the announcement of the film. NCP Chief Sharad Pawar supported Amol Kolhe for his film. Sharad Pawar stated that everyone should perceive Amol’s role in the movie as an actor. He added that if someone played the role of Ravana and Aurangzeb in the movies that did not mean that the actor portraying that role was the follower of their ideologies. Hindustan Times He said,
We should all look at Kolhe’s role in the movie as an actor. In Richard Attenborough’s “Gandhi”, the role of Godse was played by an actor. Even in Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s movie, some actors played the role of Aurangzeb. They are just actors.”
- Amol Kolhe is a fitness enthusiast. He often practices various physical exercises to keep himself fit.
- Amol Kolhe has a collection of 150 swords at his home as he is a great follower of Raja Shivchatrapati, and he considers two of them his favourite swords. The Times of India
- In an interview, Amol Kolhe revealed that he worked for 20 to 22 hours a day. He further added in the interview that he did not follow a strict working out routine as he was often busy with huge television projects. The Times of India
- Various prominent newspapers often cover stories on Amol Kolhe in their exclusive editions.