|Other name||Khwabeeda Amruta Instagram - Amruta Deshmukh|
|Nickname||Amu Amruta Deshmukh - Facebook|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Debut||Film (Marathi): Baburaola Pakda (2013)
TV (Marathi): Pudhcha Paaul (2013) on Star Pravah
|Awards||In 2020, she won the Zee Talkies Comedy Awards as Best Actress for the Marathi film Sweety Satarkar (2020).
|Date of Birth||31 January 1992 (Friday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||30 Years|
|School||Vivekanand Pratishthan-BGSV, Jalgaon, Maharashtra|
|College/University Amruta Deshmukh - Facebook||• Sir Parashurambhau College, Pune
• Ranade Institute of Mass Communication and Journalism, Pune
|Educational Qualification(s)||• Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
• Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication Storiyaan
|Religion||Hinduism Amruta Deshmukh - Instagram|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Reading novels|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Satish Deshmukh
Mother- Vaishali Deshmukh
|Siblings||Brother- Abhishek Deshmukh
Some Lesser Known Facts About Amruta Deshmukh
- Amruta Deshmukh is an Indian actress and radio jockey who primarily works in the Marathi entertainment industry. In 2016, she came into the limelight after she appeared in the ZEE Yuva’s Marathi television show Freshers.
- Amruta Deshmukh belongs to a family of actors. Amruta Deshmukh’s parents, Satish Deshmukh and Vaishali Deshmukh, are theatre artists. Amruta’s brother, Abhishek Deshmukh, is a Marathi actor.
- In an interview, Amruta revealed that when she was in her mother’s womb, her mother, Vaishali Deshmukh, was performing a theatre play in Delhi. Therefore, according to Amruta, it was her first theatrical play. In a media interview, Amruta talked about this and said,
I’m sure that is where I learnt acting; it was in my genes. I have always visited my parents’ theatres, sighted their drama and rehearsals. My mom said that I started performing in theatres when I was in her womb; whilst pregnant, she was performing a play in Delhi. Therefore, I was told that it was my first play.” Storiyaan
- Inclined towards acting since childhood, Amruta, during her schooling, performed in various theatrical plays.
- Soon after completing her postgraduate diploma in journalism, Amruta Deshmukh shifted to Mumbai to pursue a career in acting. In an interview, Amruta talked about the same and said,
I always wanted to get into acting professionally. Before that, I had to make sure that I am trained enough at least to audition for new ventures. After completing my education, I decided that if I want to pursue acting professionally, then I need to travel to Mumbai. After shifting there, I started giving auditions. That’s when I got the first opportunity and started working professionally to get out of Pune; as the primary industry is in Mumbai. Storiyaan
- In 2013, she made her acting debut with Star Pravah’s Marathi television show Pudhcha Paaul in which she played a cameo role. In 2014, she appeared in the Marathi television show Asmita in which she played the role of Vaidehi.
- Subsequently, she appeared in various Marathi TV shows like Tumcha Amcha Same Asta (2015), Deva Shappath (2018), Mi Tujhich Re (2019), and Aathshe Khidkya Naushe Dara (2020).
- In 2022, she participated in the Colors TV reality show Big Boss Marathi season 4.
- In 2013, she made her film debut with the Marathi film Baburaola Pakda. In the same year, she worked in the Marathi film Kalakaar. Subsequently, she appeared in various Marathi films like The Beloved (2014), Ek Kutub Teen Minar (2018), and Pathrakhin Mazi Aai Lakshmi (2018).
- In 2020, she appeared in the Marathi film Sweety Satarkarin which she played the titular role. In an interview, she talked about this role and said,
After doing 2-3 shows, I was looking for some good opportunities. There were a handful of choices, though. I think they were passionate about the storyline and the characters, and I could see their planning. I could play a character which was the hero throughout. A female character is rarely depicted as the hero. I was fortunate to get the opportunity in the first place.
- In an interview in 2015, Amruta Deshmukh said that she was rejected by various film productions during the initial days of her career. She quoted,
I actually wanted to play a village girl, as Marathi films these days are rural based . But, couldn’t get through the auditions. At that point, I thought that I was not meant for such roles. So, I decided to take up job in Media house, as I had already done my course in Journalism. It was a question of my survival, in this city of dreams.” The Times of India
- Besides acting, Amruta Deshmukh works as a Radio Jockey for the radio station 98.3 Mirchi, Pune. In April 2022, she was titled ‘performer of the month’ on Radio Mirchi Maharashtra.
- In 2020, Amruta Deshmukh decided to quit her TikTok account. She did this to support the Indian Army. In an interview, she talked about the same and said,
My friend had guessed about tiktok being banned. I used to tell my friends that if it’s that bad, and affecting our nation, then the government will take some action and they will ban it. I also watched the interview of real-life ‘Funsuk-wangdu’ (Sonam Wangchuk, Engineer) of 3 idiots, and that’s when I was enlightened about all the facts and why our government banned certain Chinese apps. I decided to uninstall my app, and then I just googled whichever Indian app was in the market similar to tiktok, and then I was introduced to ‘Roposo’ app. Also am into Instagram Reels.” Storiyaan