Age: 36 Years
Husband: Ravi Rana
|Profession||Actress, Social Worker, Politician|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 5”
|Debut||Film (Kannada): Darshan (2003) as Nandini
Film (Telugu): Seenu Vasanthi Lakshmi (2003) as Lakshmi
Film: Chetna: The Excitement (2005) as Aastha
Film (Malayalam): Love in Singapore (2009)
Film (Punjabi): Lad Gaya Pecha (2010) as Lovely
|Political Journey||• Contested and lost 2014 general elections from Amravati Lok Sabha constituency on a ticket from the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP)
• Elected as an MP from Amravati Lok Sabha constituency as an independent candidate in 2019, defeating the Shiv Sena candidate Anandrao Adsul by 36,951 votes
• Member of the Standing Committee on Agriculture (13 September 2019-13 September 2020)
• Member of the Standing Committee on External Affairs
• Member of the Consultative Committee on the Ministry of Finance
• Member of the Consultative Committee on Ministry of Corporate Affairs
|Date of Birth||6 April 1985 (Saturday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||37 Years|
|School||Karthika High School, Kurla West, Mumbai (Up to 10th standard)
Note: Navneet Rana dropped out of her school when she was in twelfth standard and started working as a model.
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce Seventeenth Lok Sabha Members Bioprofile of Navneet Rana|
|Ethnicity||Navneet Rana was born in a Punjabi family. The Indian Express|
50, Ganga Savitri,
Shankar Nagar, Rajapeth,
19, Duplex, North Avenue,
|Controversies||Abused by Anandrao Adsul
In 2014, Navneet Rana was harrassed by Anandrao Adsul (of Shiv Sena) after which she registered a complaint against him at Gadge Nagar Police Station, Amravati. Reportedly, Adsul had abused and threatened her in the name of caste and character. The harassment started when it became evident that Navneet had secured a ticket from the NCP to contest the Amravati Lok Sabha seat against Adsul. CNN-News18
Caste certificate row
Navneet Kaur attracted controversy over her caste certificate. In 2014, while Navneet filed a petition challenging the caste certificate issued to her, another petition was filed by Raju Mankar alleging that Navneet has procured a caste certificate on the basis of fake documents. He mentioned in his petition that- “She originally hails from the State of Punjab. As per information received by the petitioners, she belongs to Labana caste which is not recognised as Scheduled Caste in the State of Maharashtra. However, she initially obtained a caste certificate from the Sub-Divisional Officer on the basis of fake school leaving certificate.” On 8 June 2021, the Bombay High Court fined her Rs. 2 lakh for submitting a fake caste certificate. A division bench of Justices R D Dhanuka and V G Bisht noted that the she made false claim that she belonged to 'Mochi' caste for obtaining the Scheduled Caste certificate with an intention to enjoy various benefits available to a candidate from such category, despite knowing she does not belong to that caste. The Free Press Journal
Arrested in Hanuman Chalisa row
On 23 April 2022, independent MP Navneet Rana and her MLA husband Ravi Rana were arrested after they gave a call for the chanting of Hanuman Chalisa outside Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray's private residence 'Matoshree' in Mumbai. Later, the Mumbai Police slapped the sedition charge on the politician couple, and the Rana couple was remanded in 14-day judicial custody. On 4 May 2022, the City Civil and Sessions Court granted bail to Navneet Kaur Rana and her MLA husband Ravi Rana on a bond of Rs. 50,000 in connection with the Hanuman Chalisa controversy; the court also directed the couple not to speak to the media about the case. The Hindu
Booked under IPC Section-420
Charges related to Cheating and Dishonestly Inducing Delivery of Property were filed against Navneet Rana in Mulund Police Station, Mumbai, in 2014. Myneta
In November 2022, a Mumbai court issued a non-bailable warrant (NBW) against Rana and in a fake caste certificate case. Navneet Rana and her father allegedly forged a caste certificate as the seat from where Navneet Rana was elected to the Lok Sabha was reserved for Scheduled Caste candidates. The Hindu
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||2 February 2011
|Husband/Spouse||Ravi Rana (an independent politician, who was elected as an MLA for the third time in a row from the Badnera Assembly Constituency in the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly election, 2019)
|Children||Son- Ranveer Rana
Daughter- Aarohi Rana
|Parents||Father- Harbhajan Singh Kundless (army official)
Mother- Rajani Kaur
• Cash: Rs 5,20,320
• Deposits in Banks, Financial Institutions and Non-Banking Financial Companies: Rs 6,03,398
• Personal loans/advance given: Rs 2,49,70,000
• Motor Vehicles: Rs 82,65,418
• Jewellery: Rs 29,07,200
• Agricultural Land: Rs 1,82,88,320
• Commercial Buildings: Rs 40,00,000
• Residential Buildings: Rs 5,15,00,000 Myneta
|Net Worth (as of 2019)||Rs 5,39,77,680 Myneta|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Navneet Kaur Rana
- Navneet Kaur Rana is a former Indian actress, social activist, and politician. She is known for her work in the Telugu film industry. In 2019, she was elected as the Member of Parliament from the Amravati constituency. Shee made headlines in 2022 for the Hanuman Chalisa row.
- After quitting her school in twelfth standard, Navneet started her career as a model appearing in six music videos. Although her father frowned at it, her mother and brother were supportive of her career.
- Navneet Kaur Rana has worked in the Telugu, Punjabi, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, and Hindi film industries.
- She came into the limelight in 2003 when played the role of Lakshmi in the Telugu film ‘Seenu Vasanthi Lakshmi.’ The film follows a blind man named Seenu, his sister Vasanthi, and a dumb woman named Lakshmi. As the story unfolds, Vasanthi and Lakshmi are raped by a powerful political figure.
- Later, she appeared in various Telugu films like Jagapathi (2005), Roommates (2006), Jabilamma (2008), and Flash News (2009).
- In the 2009 Indian Malayalam comedy-drama film ‘Love in Singapore,’ she played the role of Diana Perreira. The film follows a rich scrap seller named Machu, who invests all his wealth in the fraudulent investment company of Andrews Perreira. In the film, Diana Perreira is the daughter of Andrews Perreira who escapes to Singapore on her wedding day with Machu.
- Apart from Lad Gaya Pecha (2010), another Punjabi film in which she appeared is Chhevan Dariya (The Sixth River).
- Apart from films, she also appeared as a contestant in the dance reality show ‘Humma Humma,’ which was telecast on Gemini TV.
- Navneet and Ravi first met at an ashram of Baba Ramdev, where Ravi Rana was organising one of Baba Ramdev’s Yog Shivirs.
- In 2011, Navneet and Ravi got married in a mass marriage ceremony held in Science Core Ground, Amravati, along with 3612 couples. The ceremony was attended by various famous Indian personalities including Baba Ramdev, Maulana Mahmood Madani, Vivek Oberoi, and Prithviraj Chavan.
- The marriage ceremony was the brainchild of Ravi Rana and Baba Ramdev for which they were recognised by the India Book of Records for organising the largest mass marriage ceremony ever performed in history. A budget of seven crores was spent on the ceremony.
- Navneet and Ravi are the founders of the Yuva Swabhiman Party (YSP). Initially, YSP was a social organisation named ‘Yuva Swabhiman,’ which worked for the upliftment of the poverty-stricken class of society. Later, it converted into a political party.
- In 2019, Navneet’s husband, Ravi Rana, engaged in a physical fight with Dinesh Boob, Shiv Sena’s Amravati district chief, while attending an event at the old-age home Madhuban Vrudhashram. Ravi alleged that Dinesh Boob had made derogatory remarks against Navneet on social media and during his election speeches ahead of the 2019 Lok Sabha elections. Eventually, the police intervened and forced Dinesh Boob and his supporters to leave the ashram.
- Navneet and Ravi often exploit their independent political status. Before the 2019 general elections, the Ranas sided with the Congress-NCP alliance and Navneet Rana was elected as n MP from the Amravati Lok Sabha constituency with NCP’s support. However, after the 2019 Legislative Assembly elections in Maharashtra in which Ravi Rana was elected as an MLA from the Badnera Assembly Constituency, the politician couple flipped and sided with BJP and Ravi offered his unconditional support to the BJP to form the government. However, when NCP, Shiv Sena, and Congress pipped the BJP to power, the Ranas again went on to become neutral.
- Navneet Rana as an independent candidate spent a budget of Rs.65 Lakh for campaigning in the 2019 general elections. Navneet roped in Bollywood celebrities like Govinda and Suniel Shetty apart from NCP supremo Sharad Pawar to address her political rallies.