|Real Name||Anil Radhakrishna Kumble|
|Profession||Former Indian Cricketer (Spin bowler) and Coach|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 183 cm
in meters- 1.83 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 0”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 78 kg
in Pounds- 172 lbs
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 42 Inches
- Waist: 34 Inches
- Biceps: 13 Inches
|International Debut||Test- 9 August 1990 vs England in Manchester
ODI- 25 April 1990 vs Sri Lanka in Sharjah
|International Retirement||2 November 2008|
|Domestic/State Team||Karnataka, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Surrey|
|Nature on field||Aggressive
|Likes to play against||Pakistan and Australia
|Records (main ones)||• In 1999, he took 10 wickets against Pakistan in Delhi, and became the 2nd bowler in cricket history to do so.
• On his first-class debut for Karnataka against Hyderabad in 1989, he took 4 wickets.
• Record for the most wickets in a calendar year by an Indian in ODIs with 61 wickets in 1996.
• ODI record of taking most wickets at a particular cricket ground (56 wickets in Sharjah Cricket Stadium).
• Record of bowling 40850 balls in his Test career, which is highest by an Indian.
• Record for the most number of caught and bowled dismissals in tests, 35.
• 2nd Indian bowler after Kapil Dev to take 400 test wickets.
• 1st ever Indian bowler to take 5 wicket haul in a test innings more than 30 times.
|Career Turning Point||When he took 4 wickets in his first-class debut for Karnataka against Hyderabad in 1989.|
|Date of Birth||17 October 1970|
|Age (as in 2016)||46 Years|
|Birth Place||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Kumbla, Kasaragod district, Kerala, India|
|School||Holy Saint English School, Koramangala, Bengaluru|
|College||National College, Bengaluru
R.V. College of Engineering, Bengaluru
|Educational Qualifications||Mechanical Engineering|
|Family||Father- Krishna Swamy
Brother- Dinesh Kumble
|Controversy||Though he was named as the Indian cricket team coach in June 2016, in early 2017, there were many reports that were doing rounds hinting at differences between Kumble and Virat Kohli. However, prior to the Champions Trophy 2017, when the BCCI published an advertisement for the post of men's Indian cricket team coach, Anil felt deeply hurt and decided to discontinue his coaching job, and on 21 June 2017, Anil gave his resignation from the post of the Indian cricket team coach.
|Favourite Cricketers||Batsman: Sachin Tendulkar, Viv Richards
Bowler: Shane Warne
|Favourite Actors||Shah Rukh Khan, Aamir Khan, Akshay Kumar, Rajinikanth|
|Favourite Actress||Deepika Padukone|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Children||Daughter- Svasti and Aaruni
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anil Kumble
- Does Anil Kumble smoke?: No
- Does Anil Kumble drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Anil started playing cricket when he was around 13 years old and joined the Young Cricketers Club in Bengaluru.
- He was often called as “Jumbo” because of his fast deliveries like a jumbo jet.
- Kumble is the 2nd bowler in cricket history (other was Jim Laker of England) to take 10 wickets against Pakistan in Delhi in February 1999.
- Due to his this achievement, a traffic circle in Bengaluru is named after him, and he also has a customized license plate: KA-10-N-10.
- Once he bowled 72 overs in a Test inning.
- In a Test match against West Indies in 2002, he bowled 14 consecutive overs with a broken jaw and even dismissed Brian Lara in that match.
- He scored his only Test century in August 2007 (110 not out) against England and has a record of taking most Test matches (118) to achieve so.
- His first international wicket was that of Sri Lanka’s Shaul Karnain and last was of Australia’s Mitchell Johnson.
- There is a road in Bengaluru on the Main Road to the Government Hospital, which was renamed as Anil Kumble Road.
- He was honoured with the prestigious Arjuna Award in 1995 and Padma Shri in 2005.
- He was also listed among the Wisden Cricketers of the year in 1996.
- From June 2016 to June 2017, he served as the head coach of the Indian cricket team.