|Satish Ravilal Shah
|Playing Indravadan Sarabhai in the serial Sarabhai vs Sarabhai
|Physical Stats & More
|in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’ 10”
|in kilograms- 90 kg
in pounds- 200 lbs
|Film (Actor): Arvind Desai Ki Ajeeb Dastaan (1978)
TV (Actor): Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi (1984)
|Awards, Honours, Achievements
|2005: Indian Television Academy Awards for Sarabhai vs Sarabhai
2006: Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in Comedy Role Sarabhai vs Sarabhai
|Date of Birth
|25 June 1951
|Age (as in 2018)
|Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign
|Mandvi, Kutch, Gujarat
|St Xavier’s College
|Relationships & More
|Names Not Known
|Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani
|Favourite TV Shows
|Net Worth (approx.)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Satish Shah
- Does Satish Shah smoke?: Yes
- Does Satish Shah drink alcohol?: Yes
- He is a Kutchi Gujarati, hails from Mandvi and comes from a background of non-actors family.
- He is considered one of the prominent Bollywood actors (who mostly plays comic roles), who has appeared in over 250 movies.
- He is a well-known face on Television also; widely known for his TV serial Sarabhai vs Sarabhai, playing the role of Indravadan Sarabhai.
- He has been a part of Marathi films as well.
- He was highly appreciated for his work in “Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi (1984)” directed by Manjul Sinha and Kundan Shah, in which he played around 60 different characters in a year.
- In 1984, he appeared in the film ‘Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro’ as Municipal Commissioner D’Mello, directed by Kundan Shah.
- He was a member of the jury panel for the show, ‘Comedy Circus’ but did not judge any show after that as he felt that “he did not go with the flow of the format of judging.”
- Here’s the interesting love story of Satish Shah: Madhu Shah (now his wife) met him at the Sipta Film Festival for the first time. It was love at first sight for Satish Shah as he went on to propose her instantly. Madhu turned down his proposal as she did not believe in his theory of love at first sight. After some time, it was during the shoot for the film “Saath Saath,” when Satish again proposed Madhu and was again turned down by her. Then finally, when Satish proposed her for the third time, Madhu asked him to talk to her parents first. She said ‘yes’ after Satish was able to convince her parents.