|Famous Role||Jyoti Mehta (Web series - Scam 1992- The Harshad Mehta Story (2020))
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)||32-26-34|
|Date of Birth||6 December|
|Age (as of 2020)||Not Known|
|School||Fr. Agnel Multipurpose School, Navi Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Mass Media The Hindu|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Gaurav Arora (Creative head at 9XM)
|Marriage Date||16 February 2021
|Parents||Father- Yogesh Barot (Bank Manager)
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Sister- Shruti Barot (PR Head)
|Actor||Ayushmann Khurrana, Vicky Kaushal|
|Film||Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998)|
|TV Show||Friends (1994-2004)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anjali Barot
- Anjali Barot is a young and dynamic Indian actor popular for her comical sketches for Scoopwhoop and Filtercopy.
- Anjali was seven years old when she decided that she wanted to be an actor, but according to her, she never shared this with anyone because she was not confident enough. In an interview, when she was asked about where she got this dream of becoming an actor, she said,
I get it from my mother. She always harboured this dream of pursuing acting but she couldn’t really do much about it. Back in those days, it was a lot of factors such as resources, knowing the right people or simply even taking the plunge that was a challenging affair. But she always had this one dream of watching herself onscreen and among the many other things that I have her to thank for, this is one of them that I have imbibed from her. I was certain that I wanted to be an actor since a very young age and I couldn’t picture myself doing anything else.”
- After completing her Bachelors in Mass Media, she took up a job as an associate producer at Never Ending Story (a famous production house) so that she could be in the Entertainment Industry. In an interview, she said,
So, I pursued my Mass Media studies and went on to work as an Associate Producer in an ad production house with the hope that I would get an acting gig someday. But eventually, I realized that that’s not how it works and you need to simply audition. So, I quit my job and thus began the vicious cycle of calls, auditions, some hits and some misses. Today, as I complete five years in the industry (as of 2020), I feel blessed to have had exposure across digital sketches, commercials, web series, short films and now, Sony Liv’s ‘Scam 1992’. I feel fortunate that I’m not only living my dream but my mother’s too.”
- Anjali gave an audition to Mukesh Chhabra for a Bollywood film in 2018, but she did not get the part. A year later, she got a call from Mukesh Chhabra, who was then working as a casting director for a web series called Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story (directed by Hansal Mehta). The series is about the biggest stock market scam committed by stockbroker Harshad Mehta that shook the country. She was asked to audition for the role of Harshad Mehta’s wife, Jyoti Mehta. She got the role and the web series turned out to be a massive hit and gave her a breakthrough role in her career.
- While working on Scam 1992, she was also shooting for the YouTube web series ‘Wrong Number’ where she played the role of a 15-year-old schoolgirl.
- Anjali has also worked on a short film titled ‘O Maa.’ She shot this film on her own during the COVID-19 lockdown. According to her, it was a tribute to motherhood and released it on 10 May 2020 (Mother’s Day).
- Anjali has been featured in commercials for various brands such as Yamaha, Godrej, Amazon, HDFC, Paytm, and Clean & Dry.
- Anjali loves to travel.
- She is an avid animal lover. She has a pet bird named ChChi that she rescued during the COVID-19 lockdown.
- According to Anjali, she was horrible at all forms of sports as a child and used to come last in all types of races, but she recently finished a 10K run in 1hr and 14mins. She said that she was inspired by her aunt, Meena Barot, who has finished Half Ironman.