Anjana Mumtaz Age, Caste, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More
Age: 81 Years
Children: Ruslaan Mumtaz
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anjana Mumtaz
- Anjana Mumtaz is an Indian actress who began working in movies at an early age. She has worked in hundreds of movies since the beginning of her career in 1969. She is an actress popular for playing supporting roles in Marathi, Gujarati, and Hindi films. She is best known for playing multiple supporting and leading roles in mainstream cinema. IMDb
- Anjana had an interest in films from an early age. She didn’t have much interest in studies but still, she managed to clear her tenth board exams. After noticing her love for dancing, her mother hired a private dance teacher Mangal Master to train her in dancing. Later, she also learned kathak from the renowned dance teacher, Gopi Krishan. Tabassum Talkies – YouTube
- She was a big fan of actress Meena Kumari. In 1965, she planned to meet her as soon as she got to know that her favourite actress was shooting for her upcoming movie Paakeeza at the Filmistan Studio. She didn’t think twice before going into the studio and went to meet Meena Kumari. When she met Meenaji, the actress welcomed her with a warm smile and advised her to become a Bollywood actress after completing her education. Meenaji also introduced Anjana to Kamal Sahab who offered her to work as a lead actress in his next movie, Shankar Hussain. This movie was delayed and meanwhile, another producer S. Mukherjee signed her for playing a lead role in his movie Sumbundh which was released way before her first movie.
- She became famous after the release of her first movie Sumbundh and was signed as a lead actress for many big film projects. She worked with some famous actors such as Sanjeev Kumar, Joy Mukherjee, Dharmendraji, and Mehmoodji. After this, she worked in multiple Hindi, Marathi, and Gujarati movies.
- Anjana fell in love with an Air India Official Sajid Mumtaz. They both fell into a relationship and then got married.
After the birth of her son Ruslaan, Anjana took a break from movies to look after him. She returned back to work after a few years when her son grew up. This time she began talking up supporting roles and worked in many films for decades. During 90’s, she became famous for playing the role of a mother in movies.
- In 2007, her son Ruslaan Mumtaz debuted in Bollywood with his first movie Mera Pehla Pehla Pyar, and began working as an actor. IMDb He married Nirali Mehta on 14 February 2014. Times of India The couple has a child named Rehan Mumtaz and Anjana now lives with her children and husband.
She once talked about her daughter in law and said,
I am very lucky because I have a very sweet daughter-in-law.” Tabassum Talkies – YouTube
|↑2, ↑5||Tabassum Talkies – YouTube|
|↑4||Times of India|