|Social Activist and Businessman
|Being the founder of 'Dadi ki Rasoi,' a venture that provides affordable food to the needy in the Noida city of Uttar Pradesh, India
|Physical Stats & More
|Awards, Honours, Achievements
|• Felicitated at Rashtrapati Bhawan by President Ram Nath Kovind as part of the 150th birth anniversary celebrations of Mahatma Gandhi in 2019
• Has received a Purushartha Award
• Certificate of Appreciation from Rajnigandha Silver Pearls
|Date of Birth
|21 August 1958 (Thursday)
|Age (as of 2020)
|Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Asha Ram Vedic Inter College, Vikasnagar, Dehradun
|Hindu College Moradabad, affiliated to Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University
|Bachelor of Science Anoop Khanna
|Hinduism Anoop Khanna - Facebook Profile
|Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)
|A-86, Sector 47, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
|Playing Table Tennis
|Relationships & More
|19 October 1983 (Wednesday)
|Nirmal Khanna (Homemaker)
|Son- Bharat Khanna (Vessel Manager at Anglo-Eastern Group)
Daughter- Sakshi Khanna
|Father- PN Khanna (Freedom Fighter)
Mother- Name not known
|Assets/Properties (as of 2012)
|Movable: Rs. 15,78,835
Immovable: Rs. 39,30,000 My Neta
|Net Worth (approx.)
|Rs. 55,08,835 (as of 2012) My Neta
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anoop Khanna
- Anoop Khanna is an Indian social activist and businessman. He is the founder of Dadi ki Rasoi, an initiative that works to provide affordable food for the poor living in Noida city of Uttar Pradesh, India.
- His father, PN Khanna, contributed to the freedom struggle in India and accompanied the legendary social activists and politicians Mahatma Gandhi and Muhammad Ali Jinnah.
- He completed his schooling from Dehradun, Uttarakhand, where he lived in Dakpathar town. He studied there because of his parents who wanted him to receive a good education.
- Since his childhood, he was interested in sports especially table tennis. From a very young age, he participated in many table tennis competitions. In his college days, he participated in many table tennis competitions; he participated in Table Tennis Championship in 1975; he won Garhwal Region Championship and Dehradun Table Tennis Championship in 1975. In 1977-78, he was a major member of the Champion Rohelkhand team of his college.
- Not only sports, but he also indulged himself in cultural activities while studying. He used to take part in plays in his college days.
- He was highly interested in pharmacy and after his graduation, he opened pharmacy retail stores in Noida. He operates four chemists shops in Noida and is also the president of Noida’s chemists’ association.
- During the 2004 heavy floods of Bihar, he helped the people of Bihar’s Barabanki and Purnia districts with trucks full of relief materials.
- He gave his full support to Anna Hazare and India Against Corruption movement in 2011. During the protests, he urged people to participate in the movement. In support of Anna, he even carried 12 days fast in Noida.
- When massive floods hit North India in 2013, he went to Kedarnath and helped the villagers there.
- In 2012, he contested the Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections from Noida on the candidature of Lok Satta Party.
- On August 21, 2015, he founded ‘Dadi ki Rasoi’ that translates to grandmother’s kitchen. The name was given by his daughter, Sakshi, after his mother decided to give leftover food to the needy. The initiative that started by providing food to 15-20 people, now (as of 2020) provides food to around 500-1000 in a day. When asked why he chose to not give food for free to the people instead of charging, he said,
The nominal fee is charged, to respect the dignity of everyone and not to treat them as beggars.”
Dadi ki Rasoi is located at Shop no 39 Block I, Ganga Shopping Complex, Sector 29, Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201301.
- Dadi ki Rasoi started with the investment of Rs.30,000. As the place became popular, more people joined, and more donations started. In an interview, he was asked about how he covered the cost of feeding so many, he replied,
Shopkeepers give me raw materials at a discounted price. Many residents donate special meals on special occasions like birthday, wedding anniversary and so on. Their support is immense.”
- Dadi ki Rasoi works on the motto of,
Roti, Kapda aur Dawai”
The initiative has extended its branch to clothing, medicine, and other necessities for the people. Anoop has launched Sadbhavna Store, a place where the needy can purchase clothes, shoes, books, and other accessories in just Rs. 10. Simultaneously, Anoop also applied for ‘Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Yojna,’ launching Noida’s first ‘Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra,’ where people can get quality medicine at an affordable price.
- Apart from feeding the needy, he also works for the encouragement and development of sports and education in Noida. He is the president of Noida’s District Student Guardian Association. He also participated in the campaigns against the excessive fee hike in private schools. He also organizes mock drills for children to prepare them from any type of accidents. He is also a member of Noida’s Khel Vikas Sansthan, an organization working to promote sports by organizing sports events in Noida.
- In 2018, he appeared in the ‘Pearls of India’ section of Rajnigandha Silver Pearls.
- Anoop and his Rasoi have been featured by YouTubers like Technical Guru (Gaurav Chaudhry) and Varun Pruthi, media outlets like Indian Express Online and Zee News, and talk shows like Zindagi with Richa.
- When nationwide lockdown was imposed in India during the COVID-19 Pandemic in 2020, Dadi ki Rasoi had to close down because of the lockdown rules. This concerned Anoop because the lives of many people in Noida depended on the food from Rasoi. He then decided to make packets of rations and delivered them to the needy in slums by his car.
- In 2021, Anoop came in Karamveer Special of Kaun Banega Crorepati, a show that aires on Sony TV and is hosted by Amitabh Bachchan, with Raveena Tandon and Sylvester Peter (another social activist in Delhi).