Husband: Anil Thadani
Age: 46 Years
|Nickname(s)||Ravs, Mast Mast Girl|
|Profession||Actress, Producer, Television Personality, Former Model|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm
in meters- 1.68 m
in feet inches- 5’ 6”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg
in pounds- 132 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-34|
|Debut||Bollywood Film: Patthar Ke Phool (1991)
Kannada Film: Upendra (1999)
TV: Isi Ka Naam Zindagi (2012)
|Awards, Honours||• Filmfare Award for Lux New Face of the Year for the film “Patthar Ke Phool” (1993)
• National Film Award for Best Actress for the film “Daman: A Victim of Marital Violence” (2002)
• Filmfare Award for Special Performance Award for the film “Aks” (2002)
• Awadh Samman by the Government of Uttar Pradesh (2002)
|Date of Birth||26 October 1974|
|Age (as in 2020)||46 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Mithibai College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||B.A. dropout|
|Address||Nippon Society, Tandon House, Juhu Church, Mumbai|
|Tattoo(s)||On The Back Of The Shoulder: Her kids Kundli names "Vardhan" and "Vishakha"
Below Her Neck: Scorpion Crawling Up
|Controversies||• When Raveena tweeted in support of the #MeToo movement, her tweets were linked to her past relationship with Akshay Kumar by the Twitterati's. However, later, Tandon bashed them saying that her tweets were not because of her past relationship but to support the women in the industry.
• In 2015, she sued the matrimonial sites such as Shaadi.com and Shaaditimes.com for using her pictures for their promotion without her permission.
• During the 2018 farmers strikes in various states, Raveena tweeted that anyone who destroys the public properties should be instantly arrested. The actress was trolled for her insensitivity after her tweets. Soon after that, Tandon deleted her previous tweet and mentioned that she was targeting antisocials and not the farmers and even blamed the media
• In 2018, Tandon landed into controversy after shooting for a commercial in Lingaraj Temple's 'No Camera Zone.' An FIR was filed against her by the temple authorities after a clip featuring Raveena giving beauty tips at the Lingaraj Temple in Odisha’s capital city of Bhubaneswar went viral over the social media.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Ajay Devgn (1990s)
• Akshay Kumar (1994-1997)
• Anil Thadani (2003)
|Marriage Date||22 February 2004
|Children||Son- Ranbir Thadani
Daughters- Rasha Thadani, Pooja (Adopted), Chhaya (Adopted)
|Parents||Father- Ravi Tandon (Producer)
Mother- Veena Tandon
|Siblings||Brother- Rajiv Tandon (actor)
|Favourite Food||Dhokla, Tandoori Paneer, Tandoori Chicken|
|Favourite Actors||Sanjay Dutt, Govinda, Rishi Kapoor, Jackie Shroff|
|Favourite Actress||Neetu Singh|
|Favourite Films||Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi (1958), Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro (1983), Padosan (1968)|
|Favourite Perfume||Angel by Thierry Mugler|
|Favourite Holiday Destination||Switzerland|
|Favourite Watch Brand||Audemars Piguet|
|Car Collection||Audi Q7, Bentley Continental Flying Spur|
|Salary (approx.)||1-2 crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$7 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Raveena Tandon
- Does Raveena Tandon smoke?: No
- Does Raveena Tandon drink alcohol?: Yes
- Raveena Tandon was born to Ravi Tandon and Veena Tandon in Mumbai.
- As a child, Tandon wanted to be a Pilot or an IPS officer.
- Raveena never thought of becoming an actress. But when she was working as an intern to Prahlad Kakkar (ad-maker) at ‘Genesis PR’, her friends and people around complimented her looks, after which she realized that she could make it to the Bollywood.
- She was initially reluctant to do films and refused film offers, but somehow Prahlad convinced her and then ‘Patthar Ke Phool’ (1991) happened.
- When she was young, she had a huge crush on Sanjay Dutt.
- She didn’t complete her B.A. and dropped out after 2 years as due to her popularity in films it was getting difficult for college authorities to control the crowd around her.
- According to reports, she got secretly engaged to Akshay Kumar but didn’t reveal it because Akshay was worried about his career and female fan following.
- Tandon has appeared in many commercial successes like ‘Laadla’ (1994), ‘Dilwale’ (1994), ‘Mohra’ (1994), ‘Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi’ (1996), ‘Ziddi’ (1997), ‘Bade Miyan Chote Miyan’ (1998) and ‘Dulhe Raja’ (1998).
- Raveena has hosted TV shows like “Isi Ka Naam Zindagi” and “Simply Baatien With Raveena.”
- She has judged the TV shows like “Sabse Bada Kalakar,” “The Drama Company,” and Nach Baliye 9.”
- She refused to do movies like in ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’, ‘Dil To Pagal Hai,’ and ‘Gupt’ due to her 2-year break from acting.
- Due to Akshay’s link-up rumours with Rekha and his Casanova image, she broke up with him.
- She won the National Film Award for the Best Actress for the film ‘Daman: A Victim of Marital Violence’ (2002).
- Raveena is the cousin of the actress, Kiran Rathod and producer, Manjari Makijany.
- Tandon was made the chairperson of Children’s Film Society of India from 2003 to 2004. In 2005, she resigned from her post citing personal reasons.
- Her name Raveena is the combination of her father’s name, Ravi and her mother’s name, Veena.
- She considers her parents as her inspiration.
- Reportedly, she did the film “Bombay Velvet” as a gesture and did not take any fee for it.
- In 2017, Tandon appeared in the film “Shab” in which she romanced a 13 years younger actor. The film had too many bold scenes and was even banned from releasing it on the television.