|Other name||Soundarya VY English Mathrubhumi|
|Known for||Being the granddaughter of B. S. Yediyurappa (former Karnataka Chief Minister and BJP leader)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Date of Birth||Year, 1991|
|Date of Death||28 January 2022|
|Place of Death||Legacy Caldera apartment building in Bengaluru, Karnataka|
|Age (at the time of death)||30 Years|
|Death Cause||Suicide New Indian Express|
|College/University||M. S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bengaluru, Karnataka|
|Educational Qualification||Post-graduation degree in general surgery The Times of India|
|Address||Legacy Caldera Apartment building in Bengaluru, Karnataka|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Marriage Date||Year, 2018
|Husband/Spouse||Dr. Neeraj (radiologist)
|Children||She had a seven-month old son (as of 2022).
|Parents||Father- Virupakshappa Yamakanamardi
Mother- Padmavati (elder daughter of the Indian politician B. S. Yediyurappa)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dr. Soundarya Neeraj
- Dr. Soundarya Neeraj was an Indian doctor. The former Karnataka Chief Minister and BJP leader B. S. Yediyurappa was her maternal grandfather.
- She was working as an assistant professor at M. S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bengaluru, Karnataka, as of 2022.
- She committed suicide on 28 January 2022 at her apartment in Bengaluru, Karnataka. Reportedly, she was suffering from postpartum depression. New Indian Express
- On her demise, the local police said,
The incident came to light at around 10.30am when the maid servant and the nanny repeatedly knocked on the bedroom door and alerted security personnel of the apartment when there was no response. After making a futile attempt to break open the door, security personnel went to the balcony of the adjacent bedroom and peeped through the window. Immediately, the nanny called Dr Neeraj, who had left home for the hospital at around 8.30 am. Before Neeraj reached the flat, security guards and others had broken open the door and were preparing to shift Soundarya to a nearby private hospital. In the private hospital, doctors, after making a couple of attempts to revive her breathing, declared Soundarya dead and the body was shifted to Bowring hospital for an autopsy.”
- On 29 January 2022, her last rites were performed at her husband’s farmhouse in Abbigere, Bangalore.
- The PM of India Narendra Modi shared his grief on her demise.
- Basavaraj Bommai, the chief minister of Karnataka shared his condolence on her demise. He said,
She was a bright student and a very polite person. She was warm and unassuming with her colleagues. Dr Neeraj is also known to be humble.”