|Full Name||Anupam Shyam Saikia or Anupam Shyam Ojha|
|Famous Role||'Thakur Sajjan Singh’ in the Hindi TV serial, ‘Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya’ (2009); aired on Star Plus
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 7”
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Debut||TV: Amaravathi Ki Kathaye (1992)
Film: ‘Sardari Begum’ (1996)
|Date of Birth||20 September 1957 (Friday)|
|Birthplace||Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh|
|Date of Death||9 August 2021|
|Place of Death||He died at a hospital in Mumbai.|
|Age (at the time of death)||63 Years|
|Death cause||Multiple organ failure The Tribune|
|Hometown||Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||G I C Pratapgarh High School|
|College/University||• Ram Manhor Lohaia University in Faizabad
• Bhartendu Academy of Dramatic Arts, Lucknow
• National School of Drama, Delhi in 1987 Wikipedia Facebook
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Married|
|Wife/Spouse||Shavitri Shyam Ojha (From Allahabad)
|Parents||Father- Radheshyam Ojha
Mother- Name Not Known
|Siblings||Brother- Anurag Ojha (Younger)
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anupam Shyam
- Anupam Shyam was an Indian film and television actor.
- He acted in various TV serials including ‘Amaravathi Ki Kathaye’ (1992), ‘Amma and Family’ (1995), ‘Rishtey- Season 3’ (2005), ‘Mann Kee Awaaz Pratigya’ (2009), ‘Hum Ne Li Hai- Shapath’ (2013), ‘Doli Armaano Ki’ (2014), and ‘Krishna Chali London’ (2018).
- He also appeared in many Bollywood films like ‘Dastak’ (1996), ‘Dushman’ (1998), ‘Satya’ (1998), ‘Nayak: The Real Hero’ (2001), ‘Shakti: The Power’ (2002), ‘Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi’ (2005), ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ (2008), ‘Raaz – The Mystery Continues’ (2009), ‘Gandhigiri’ (2016), ‘Munna Michael’ (2017), and ‘706’ (2019).
- He also acted in many regional language films.
- His ancestors are from Raniganj which is near the native village of renowned Indian poet Harivansh Rai Bachchan.
- He used to run an NGO for needy students.
- On 27 December 2011, he came out in the support of Anna Hazare’s movement.
- He won many awards for his TV serials and films.
- In 2014, he shared his desire to contest from the BJP in the Lok Sabha elections from Allahabad or Pratapgarh.
- He got an opportunity to meet the 14th Dalai Lama in 2019.
- Due to kidney failure, he was admitted to Mumbai’s Lifeline Medicare Hospital on 28 July 2020. His family members asked for financial help from the people of the film and television industry. Cine & TV Artistes’ Association (CINTAA) also shared a post requesting donations for the actor, and after reading that post the famous Bollywood actor, Sonu Sood came out for help. While talking to a reporter, Anupam’s brother said,
Anupam was undergoing dialysis at Apex Kidney Care in the north Mumbai suburb of Malad. There’s a money crisis right now, so we are talking to people. We have written to Being Human website. We have informed some of Anupam’s friends about his condition. Manoj Bajpayee ji had called and said that he will look into it.”
Our family has been facing a lot. My mother died last month. Anupam was shocked that he could not go to Pratapgarh (where their mom stayed). Without a dialysis centre in the town, going there would have been a major health risk for Anupam. We urged for a dialysis centre in Pratapgarh and Anupam even went to Aamir Khan for the same.”