|Famous Role||'Young Krishna' in TV serial "Shri Krishna"
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Debut||Film (Bollywood): Ghulam-E-Mustafa (1997)
Film (Marathi): Manini (2004)
TV (Hindi): Uttar Ramayana (1986)
TV (Marathi): Tere Gharchya Samor (2004)
|Award||Raja Paranjape Award for the Marathi film Duniyadari (2013)|
|Date of Birth||18 October 1977 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||42 Years|
|Birthplace||Girgaum, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Girgaum, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||The Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Parsee Charitable Institution, Mumbai|
|College/University||Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Swimming, Listening to Music|
|Relationships & More|
|Wife/Spouse||• Aparna (Dentist; m. 2005-div. 2009)
• Leena Aradhye (Dentist; 2011)
|Children||Son- Raghav Joshi
Daughter- Maarya Joshi
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Former Government Employee)
Mother- Name Not Known (Former Government Employee)
|Siblings||Swapnil is the only child of his parents.|
|Food||Ukadiche (Boiled rice) Modak|
|Beverage||Fresh Lime Juice|
|Actors||Hrithik Roshan, Shah Rukh Khan|
- Swapnil Joshi was born in a middle class family in Mumbai.
- He was inclined towards acting from his school days.
- Swapnil started his acting career at the age of 9 by playing the role of young Kusha in the Ramanand Sagar’s “Uttar Ramayana” (1986).
- He gained recognition after playing the role of young ‘Krishna’ in the TV series “Shri Krishna.”
- Subsequently, he took a sabbatical of few years and made a comeback to the Indian television with Sanjeev Bhattacharya’s show “Campus.”
- He has appeared in many popular TV serials like “Hudd Kar Di,” “Dil Vil Pyar Vyar,” “Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand,” and “Hare Kkaanch Ki Choodiyaan.”
- Swapnil has also featured in many films like “Target,” “Mumbai-Pune-Mumbai,” “Pyaar Vali Love Story,” and “Welcome Zindagi.”
- He did various comedy shows like “Comedy Circus” (Hindi), “Papad Pol – Shahabuddin Rathod Ki Rangeen Duniya” (Hindi), and “Get Well Soon” (Marathi).
- In addition to acting, Swapnil has also hosted several reality shows like “Chota Packet Bada Dhamaka,” “Ladies Special,” and “Dhabal – Ek Taas TimePass.”
- In 2008, he won the reality show “Mr. & Ms. TV” along with Purbi Joshi.
- He also judged the Marathi comedy reality show “Fu Bai Fu.”
- He had his own Radio show “The Swapnil Joshi Show” on Red FM 93.5.
- Swapnil has endorsed brands like “Thane Janata Sahakari Bank” and “Center Fruit.”
- Swapnil became so popular after playing the role of young ‘Krishna’ in the TV series “Shri Krishna” that people started treating him like a real God. During an interview, he shared an incident by saying,
When I was in first year of my college, one of my fan came to me and suddenly went down his knees. He touched my feet and started crying. It was an awkward moment for me. Few minutes later, he told me that he was a chain-smoker. He quit smoking because he is God-fearing man. Every time he smoked cigarette, my image as Lord Krishna would appear in front of him. That awkward moment soon turned into an overwhelming moment for me.”
- Joshi hated consuming dairy products but when the sgooting of “Shri Krishna” began, the makers of the show added ‘Makkhan’ and ‘Ghee’ in his daily diet; since Lord Krishna was fond of it. Swapnil had put on a lot of weight during that period.
- Swapnil dislikes working on Sundays.
- He loves going on long drives.
- Swapnil is popularly known as the Shah Rukh Khan of the Marathi cinema.
References/Sources: [ + ]