|Full name||Anusha Suryanarayanan Bhagat Bollywood Shaadis|
|Nickname||Anush Facebook - Anusha Bhagat|
|Famous For||Being the wife of the popular Indian author Chetan Bhagat|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 162 cm
in meters- 1.62 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 4”
|Date of Birth||28 October 1975 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2022)||47 Years|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|College/University||Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad|
|Educational Qualification||MBA (1995 - 1997) LinkedIn - Anusha Bhagat|
|Religion||Hinduism Bollywood Shaadis|
|Caste||Brahmin Bollywood Shaadis|
|Ethnicity||Tamil Bollywood Shaadis|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Chetan Bhagat (author & columnist)|
|Marriage Date||Year, 1999|
|Children||Son(s)- Ishaan Bhagat, Shyam Bhagat (twins; born on 23 July 2004)
|Parents||Father- Surya Narayanan
Some Lesser Known Facts About Anusha Bhagat
- Anusha Bhagat is an Indian investment banker, who has been working as the Chief Operating Officer at UBS since 2007. She is the wife of Chetan Bhagat, an author, columnist, and YouTuber.
- She grew up in a middle-class family in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Anusha acquainted Chetan Bhagat at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, where she went to pursue her MBA. Bhagat was also an MBA student at the institution. In very less time, they grew a fondness for each other and began dating. While Anusha got attracted to Chetan’s humour and positive attitude, it was her cuteness, simplicity, and intelligence that impressed Chetan. In an interview, while talking about it, Chetan said,
My wife Anusha was so cute that many guys in campus wanted to try their luck with her. But then, some guys do work their charm better.”
Talking about Chetan in the same interview, Anusha said,
He was a clown in campus, and I’d crack up at his jokes while the other guys were too busy studying or trying to impress me.”
- Although their parents were unhappy with their relationship as they belonged to two very different backgrounds, Anusha and Chetan later convinced them for marriage.
- After completing her MBA, Anusha Bhagat joined the investment banking firm Goldman Sachs, where she worked as an Executive Director from 2000 to 2005.
- In October 2007, she started working at UBS Securities, a multinational investment bank and financial services company, as a Chief Operating Officer.
- In 2009, Chetan Bhagat released an autobiographical novel 2 States: The Story of My Marriage in which he narrated his real-life love story. Based on his novel, film director Abhishek Varman released a film titled 2 States (2014). The film starred Arjun Kapoor and Alia Bhatt in the lead roles. The film revolves around the romantic journey of Krish Malhotra, a Punjabi boy, and Ananya, a Tamil girl- how they met and the difficulties they faced in getting married due to their cultural backgrounds.
- In her spare time, Anusha Bhagat likes to travel and read books.
- Post the release of the film 2 States, her friends and relatives started addressing Anusha as Ananya Swaminathan. Instagram – Chetan Bhagat
- Anusha Bhagat consumes alcohol occasionally.
- In an interview, Chetan Bhagat revealed that he had asked Anusha to leave him after he was accused by Ira Trivedi of sexual assault. He said Anusha, however, refused to go and compared her relationship with Chetan to that of Lord Shiva and Parvati. Bollywood Shaadis In an interview, while talking about the toughest phase of his life, Chetan Bhagat said,
It was very tough for my family. I am used to the trolls on the Internet. My wife is more of a private person, and I felt that she was breaking down.”