|Full name||Arbaaz Seth Merchantt The Times of India|
|Profession(s)||Actor and Model|
|Known For||Being arrested in the drug possession case by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), Mumbai, on 3 October 2021|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in feet & inches- 5’ 8”
|Date of Birth||30 May 1995 (Tuesday)|
|Age (as of 2021)||26 Years|
|School||Dhirubhai Ambani International School, Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Controversy||On 3 October 2021, he was arrested by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) for possessing drugs, along with Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan Khan , at the Cordelia Cruise, Mumbai. Morning Express|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Alaya F (actor; rumoured) DNA India
|Parents||Father- Aslam Merchant (lawyer and owns a wood business in Mustafa Bazar, Mumbai)
Mother- Name Not Known
Some Lesser Known Facts About Arbaaz Merchant
- Arbaaz Merchant is a model and actor who is yet to make his career in Hindi films.
- His maternal grandfather has retired from a High Court.
- Arbaaz is often spotted partying with many Indian celebrities children including Suhana Khan, Aryan Khan, and Ananya Pandey.
- He is famous on social media and has more than 30K followers (as of October 2021) on his Instagram account.
- His celebrity crush is the American model Kylie Jenner. In one of his Instagram posts, he shared that he wanted to marry Kylie.
- Arbaaz Merchant is an avid Football lover.
- On 3 October 2021, in a special raid conducted by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB), Mumbai, at the Cordelia Cruise, Mumbai, he was arrested for consuming and possessing a packet of drugs in his shoes. Arbaaz, along with seven other people, including Munmun Dhamecha, Nupur Sarika, Ismeet Singh, Mehak Jaiswal, Vikrant Chhoker, Gomit Chopra, and Aryan Khan, was arrested by the NCB. While talking about the incident, the NCB officials said,
On the basis of specific information, the officials of NCB, Mumbai, conducted a raid on the Cordelia cruise that was bound from Mumbai to Goa on October 2. During the operation, all suspects, as per the information, were searched and various drugs like MDMA/ecstasy, cocaine, MD (mephedrone) and charas were recovered. NCB has registered crime no. Cr 94/21 in this matter. Further investigation is underway. They have been booked under sections 8 (c), 20 (b), 27 and 35 of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act. The three were produced in the Magistrate’s court in Mumbai. The hearing is currently underway.”
Later, the DG of the NCB said,
We had received very confidential information 15 days ago about the drugs party on the ship after which we carried out this operation. We have got evidence against those who have been detained. People who organised this party on the ship will have to face an inquiry, they cannot escape the investigation.”