|Real Name||Arun Gulab Gawli|
|Party||Akhil Bharatiya Sena|
|Biggest Rival||Dawood Ibrahim|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 62 kg
in Pounds- 137 lbs
|Date of Birth||17 July 1955|
|Age (as in 2017)||62 Years|
|Birth Place||Kopargaon, Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Cancer|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||City High School|
|Educational Qualification||11th standard|
|Family||Father- Gulabrao (Worked in the mill industry)
Mother- Lakshmibai Gulab Gawli
Brother- Bappa Gawli (Died)
Sister- Ashalata Gawli
|Address||Geetai Housing Society, Dagdi Chawl, BJ Marg, Byculla, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Playing snooker, watching gangster films|
|Controversies||• In 1986, he was arrested in the murder case of criminals Parasnath Pandey and Sashi Rasham, the kingpin of the Cobra Gang.
• His gang killed Shiv Sena's MLA Ramesh More, Balasaheb Thackeray's confidant Jayant Jadhav and minority commission chief & MLA Ziauddin Bukhari.
• In 2007, he hired contract killers to murder Shiv Sena's corporator Kamlakar Jamsandekar.
|Favourite Food||Vada Pav|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Asha Gawli (Politician, She was Muslim before and was called, Zubeida Mujawar, but converted to Hinduism after marrying Arun Gawli)
|Children||Daughters- Geeta Gawli, Yogita Gawli, Asmita Gawli
Son- Mahesh Gawli
|Net Worth (as in 2014)||INR 2 crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Arun Gawli
- Does Arun Gawli smoke?: Yes
- Does Arun Gawli drink alcohol?: Yes
- Gawli was born into a poor family who used to live in Khandwa, Madhya Pradesh, but in the early 1950s, they shifted to Dagdi Chawl, Mumbai.
- Due to the poor financial condition of his family, he was forced to help his family in their business of supplying milk, around Saat Raasta area in Mumbai.
- He started his career as a mill worker at Khatau mills, but when mills started calling on strikes, he formed up the ‘Byculla gang’ with Babu Reshim and Rama Naik, in the 1970s.
- Before working as a gangster, he also worked in Godrej and Crompton.
- His wife Asha Gawli was a Muslim before marrying him and was called with the name “Zubeida Mujawar.”
- In the 1980s, he entered Rama Naik’s gang and was initially given the task to provide protection to Dawood Ibrahim’s consignments.
- In 1986, he was arrested for the first time for the murder of criminal Parasnath Pandey and Sashi Rasham, the kingpin of the Cobra Gang.
- After Rama Naik got killed due to a land dispute with Dawood Ibrahim, Gawli became Dawood’s arch enemy.
- In the early 1990s, when his brother, Bappa Gawli, was brutally killed by Dawood’s men, he killed Dawood’s brother-in-law Ibrahim Parkar.
- He had a knack to escape from the jail.
- He was imprisoned for 9 years under TADA Act (Terrorist and Disruptive Activities).
- In 2004, he formed his own political party; ‘Akhil Bhartiya Sena’ and contested the Assembly elections in Maharashtra and was elected as an MLA from Dagdi Chawl, Mumbai.
- From 1986 to 2005, around 15 cases were registered against him, but none of the offenses were proven by the Police.
- He is a believer of Lord Ganesha and Lord Krishna, and is also a God-fearing man.
- He was booked in around 40 cases of various crimes.
- Arjun Rampal portrayed his role in the film ‘Daddy’ (2017).
📢⚡TRENDING: List of ICC World Cup Winners (1975-2015)